Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Fair play to the spuds they don't half fleece other teams. Didn't they manage to make a profit on Pienaar. He hardly played at Spurs so you would expect his value to go down.

Hughes is a moron spending £10m on Dawson. Dawson is no mug but £10 million???

We made a profit on Pienaar because he was near the end of his contract at Everton, no magic there. As I said before, everyone ultimately did OK.

10M for Dawson would be f***ing magic. 5.5M would be faintly disappointing. I'd be happier keeping Dawson as cover, but if we are keeping Gallas then that sounds manageable. Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas, Caulker is fine by me, and I'd like to see another kid come in (we don't have any more young CBs who are even close to ready).

Dawson and - most obviously - Bassong just don't fit with AVB's requirements. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker are all young, strong, and mobile CBs who can play on the ground. Dawson and Bassong...well. Other players supposedly on the way out include Jenas and Rose, which suggests that AVB is (a) no fool (b) knows exactly what he wants from his players. Hudd would be a pity, but as you found out yesterday AVB's big thing is mobility and pressurising the opposition when they have the ball (apart from Tiote, who we gave a bit more space because we're not as worried about his distribution). Hudd's big problem is his lack of mobility.

You say it like you beat us.  :lol:

I read your post-match jubilation :lol:.

According to the BBC, Spurs are paying Adebayor circa £80k/week and because the player was unwilling to take such a pay cut, City have agreed to carry on paying the remainder of his wages there - a further £95k/week. :jesuswept:

They reckon it's a £5m transfer fee, which is pretty fucking impressive IMO.

According to the BBC, Spurs are paying Adebayor circa £80k/week and because the player was unwilling to take such a pay cut, City have agreed to carry on paying the remainder of his wages there - a further £95k/week. :jesuswept:

They reckon it's a £5m transfer fee, which is pretty f***ing impressive IMO.

That is fucking sickening. How is that allowed in football any how?

:harry:

So City are paying him more than Spurs are, to play for Spurs.

When it's a loan, I understand. But seriously how the fuck is this allowed in professional football? Does it mean he can't face them? What if he scores important goals against them to knock them out of a competition or title race etc.? Has to be bollocks surely!?

So City are paying him more than Spurs are, to play for Spurs.

s**** like this shouldn't be allowed. I know there's nothing that can be done but it's s****. Spurs effectively beat us to 4th last season because of a player they were paying f*** all for.

City are cunts, Spurs are cunts, and Adebayor is a grade A cunt. This has really boiled my piss :lol:

I agree that it's fucked up, but for those that aren't aware this is a pretty common practice in American sports. The one difference is there are usually prospects sent in the other direction.

Example: Team A sends primary player to Team B and agrees to cover $7m of the $9m remaining on his contract. Team B sends two young prospects to Team A in return.

There's never any rule about not being able to play against the old team. This better be the case here as well. 

Financial Fair Play. :thup:

It will be interesting to see how this shows up. Thing is, Citeh shouldn't have signed that ludicrous contract in the first place. If this is true (and it seems to be broadly accepted) then who else are they going to sell him to? They simply had to get him off the books, and that 175K per week would work out at around 8-9M a year. I think he had two years left on his contract, so they would have paid out around 17M or so, for no return. As it is, 95K per week works out at, what, 10M over the length of his contract. They save 7M, and get 5M from us (I can't be bothered to work out the amortisation stuff). They also get to pretend that they're making reasonable moves to address FFP.

Why didn't you go in for him? Why weren't there other clubs beating City's door down? Genuine question btw.

I can't see him not playing against them, we hold his registration. It's as if City are giving us a downpayment of 10M spread over two years. In other words, you could say that we are buying him, paying him 80K pw, and they are paying us 5M. Hee hee.

This is sick to be honest, I'm sorry but the financial market in football is a disgrace. if FFP is not seriously enforced then football's taken another dark turn. City man, what a bunch of disgusting pricks - buying all these players they don't even need, just destroying the market for other teams. This has turned into a rant and I don't even care, just a complete joke

Thought you would find this amusing, Levante's DOF has admitted they are in talks to sign Obafemi Martins (although the deal with Kazan is "difficult" according to him).

He should be a very good replacement for Kone, anyway. Wish him well.

Credit to Adebayor's agent, tbh. I don't see anything wrong with it other than City's sheer wastefulness, impatience, and incompetence. It won't become common practice because any football administrators with a brain would laugh at such a proposal. What other team would agree such a deal with a side that has plays in the same league and has potential to be a direct rival (don't forget they were in the title race for half of last season, wilder things have occurred in football)? Don't despair at football, laugh at its nouveau riche fools.

This is sick to be honest, I'm sorry but the financial market in football is a disgrace. if FFP is not seriously enforced then football's taken another dark turn. City man, what a bunch of disgusting pricks - buying all these players they don't even need, just destroying the market for other teams. This has turned into a rant and I don't even care, just a complete joke

I have seriously considered walking away from football over the last couple of years. Chelsea were bad enough, but now I live in the US and have kids, so I'm somewhat removed. The whole thing just makes me feel sad.

Financial Fair Play. :thup:

It will be interesting to see how this shows up. Thing is, Citeh shouldn't have signed that ludicrous contract in the first place. If this is true (and it seems to be broadly accepted) then who else are they going to sell him to? They simply had to get him off the books, and that 175K per week would work out at around 8-9M a year. I think he had two years left on his contract, so they would have paid out around 17M or so, for no return. As it is, 95K per week works out at, what, 10M over the length of his contract. They save 7M, and get 5M from us (I can't be bothered to work out the amortisation stuff). They also get to pretend that they're making reasonable moves to address FFP.

Why didn't you go in for him? Why weren't there other clubs beating City's door down? Genuine question btw.

I can't see him not playing against them, we hold his registration. It's as if City are giving us a downpayment of 10M spread over two years. In other words, you could say that we are buying him, paying him 80K pw, and they are paying us 5M. Hee hee.

Silly wages for an inconsistent moneygrabber who shows up when he feels like it. [/iMO]