Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Craig-NUFC

ariq panja ‏@tariqpanja

So Spurs and MUFC couldn't agree compo for Fryers so he goes to Standard Liege which doesn't have to pay. Spurs then sign him in next window

Surprised this doesn't get exploited more, though I suppose not many British players want to play abroad for 6 months.

Chamakh close to signing for West Ham.

Doesn't bode well for Carroll like. With all those strikers i doubt Wham will be looking to make the move permanent, and of course with this injury to come back from he'll probably spend most of the rest of the year coming off the bench.

Holtby is a lot like Wilshere he would be class for Spurs, as good as Spurs have been this season they have lacked the technique and tactical brain that VDV had.

Holtby would replace that, but at the moment in his career he's not as good a goalscorer as VDV was but i'd expect to see Spurs to go for a forward if they make the CL so that shouldn't matter too much.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Don't watch much Serie A but don't Fiorentina have boatloads of attacking players anyway?

Been rumours of Jovetic leaving in the summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20905628

Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh is in talks with West Ham about joining the club.

The Moroccan forward, 28, has struggled to establish himself at the Emirates since moving on a free transfer from Bordeaux in 2010.

But West Ham want to give Chamakh a chance to resurrect his career.

Sam Allardyce's side are also poised to complete the signing of Joe Cole from Liverpool, another player who has found himself on the first-team fringes.

Chamakh was prolific in France, scoring 79 goals in 293 appearances for Bordeaux, but has scored just eight Premier League goals for Arsenal since joining the club - and he has yet to appear in this campaign.

Three of his four appearances this season have been in the Capital One Cup, although he did find the net twice when the Gunners won 7-5 at Reading in October.

West Ham think he's a better bet than their current collection of strikers? Based on that I'm very glad we got Cisse and not Modibo Maïga then!