Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

If Levy has snubbed the compen to Man Utd and decided to get a deal done with his next club, when it will cost considerably less then fair play.

Obviously with it being straightaway in the next window it looks iffy, maybe they really wanted the player?

Guest malandro

I dunno how they have the cheek to complain really, these clubs exploit loopholes to sign players all the time and rip off smaller clubs. We have done ourselves.

Seems similar to when we signed Jonas - no technical rules broken, but doesn't leave you with a feeling of having the moral high ground.

On the other hand, this time it's happened to Fergie, so f*** him and his wee club in the Pennines.

We ended up paying £4-5m for Jonas because we did break the rules?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/other-sports-news/2009/04/27/nufc-ordered-to-pay-5m-for-jonas-gutierrez-72703-23484089/

One thing i will say is i'm surprised clubs don't take advantage of this type of deal more often, as shady as it maybe.

I can't remember this type of incident happening frequently but I may be wrong?

Man Utd, for some reason, seemed to let a rake of talented young players slip from their grasp recently (which for me is Ferguson's real gripe).

Being Man Utd's players of course loads of clubs will look at them, but the situation there seemed to be unique.

I don't like backing up Ferguson, but those saying that he would do the same, you may be right, but he simply hasn't done the same. Nut makes a valid point that this could well set an unsavoury precedent. I don't feel sorry for brand red Manchester at all but it seems to me that they have been skanked on this occasion. Ferguson's comments however much I agree with them, should be retracted mind, that kind of aggressive rhetoric toward another club's Chairman aren't really on.

It's sort of happened in Italy before to get round the restrictions on signing non-EU players from abroad.

Julio Cesar went to Chievo before going to Inter and Maxwell went to Empoli beforehand too. Neither played a game for both clubs.

Didn't some Spanish team do something similar with a Citeh striker?

They did something similar with Robert Jarni and Coventry I think?

Coventry paraded him at a friendly ,which was  luckily played in the 8 hours he was a Coventry player.Something tells me  this was something to do with using Coventry as a middle man between Barca and Real who don't trade together

It's sort of happened in Italy before to get round the restrictions on signing non-EU players from abroad.

Julio Cesar went to Chievo before going to Inter and Maxwell went to Empoli beforehand too. Neither played a game for both clubs.

Despite the fact i didn't know that, considering how bat shit crazy the transfers in Italy are i'm not surprised.

One thing i will say is i'm surprised clubs don't take advantage of this type of deal more often, as shady as it maybe.

If it becomes more widespread I would be surprised if FIFA changed the 3 clubs in a year thing, to 2. It's bollocks.

I may have missed something here but I don't think this has anything to do  with the number of clubs in a year. Isn't it to do with the compensation a club has to pay if they want to sign a player who is under 23 and has come through the youth training system of another club? Fryers was a ManU trained 20 year old and they wanted Spurs to pay them £6m compo. Foreign clubs don't have to pay any compo, so Fryers signed for Standard Liege for nothing last August. Now Spurs buy him for £3m and everyone is happy except MU/SAF who only get a £150k sell on fee instead of the £6m they were looking for.

If it becomes more widespread I would be surprised if FIFA changed the 3 clubs in a year thing, to 2. It's bollocks.

I may have missed something here but I don't think this has anything to do  with the number of clubs in a year. Isn't it to do with the compensation a club has to pay if they want to sign a player who is under 23 and has come through the youth training system of another club? Fryers was a ManU trained 20 year old and they wanted Spurs to pay them £6m compo. Foreign clubs don't have to pay any compo, so Fryers signed for Standard Liege for nothing last August. Now Spurs buy him for £3m and everyone is happy except MU/SAF who only get a £150k sell on fee instead of the £6m they were looking for.

Aye but my point is that if clubs are going to use this to get around paying compo, FIFA or UEFA or whoever might decide to come up with something to try and prevent it.

Chamakh to Arsenal was always a properly weird signing. Barely anywhere close to prolific in France and not suited to Arsenals play at all. If he'll succeed anywhere it'll be West Ham, wouldnt bet on it mind, because he's looked ridiculously shit.