Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Man United, Spurs, Arsenal are all a bunch of complete shysters when it comes to young players, rules and transfers.

Agreed, to an extent. I think Arsenal's systematic poaching of young Spanish players is more obviously problematic, yet also more straightforward. I worry about the specific precedent that the Fryers case sets, and the fact that it's just another way to keep the same clubs at the top.

That said, if Fergie had either (a) given a realistic valuation of Fryers or (b) given a better contract to Fryers, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I dunno how they have the cheek to complain really, these clubs exploit loopholes to sign players all the time and rip off smaller clubs. We have done ourselves.

Seems similar to when we signed Jonas - no technical rules broken, but doesn't leave you with a feeling of having the moral high ground.

On the other hand, this time it's happened to Fergie, so fuck him and his wee club in the Pennines.

I dunno how they have the cheek to complain really, these clubs exploit loopholes to sign players all the time and rip off smaller clubs. We have done ourselves.

Was delighted when Pogba fucked off to Juve, looks a real talent and they can't complain as they took him in a less than respectable manner in the first place.

Noticed another round of Arry's "trific, trific" crack today.

Does any other manager let the media shout names at him in a press conference and answer them in such a way. It's actually a really funny watch.

Cringeworthy all the same.

What do Standard get out of this? A small fee?

Nothing confirmed at our end, but we presume so. Fergie was apparently asking for 6M from us, to which we politely said no. Or something like that.

It looks like Fergie said we did nothing wrong, but it was a blatant manipulation of the rules. Like I said, by the book but not entirely ethical. Unlike his systematic undermining of officials over the years of course - outside the rules and unethical, yet largely unpunished.

Sounds like the sort of loophole wor lot would have come up with. Certainly expect them to use it in the future.

Pogba looked class for Juve so far, no idea why they let him go based on this season :lol:

Fergie was desperate for him to stay by all accounts, but his agent is Mino Raiola

Been reading up on this.

Now this kid has the potential to be the ultimate mercenary :lol:

Also interesting to see Le Havre who always seem to be kicked off about other clubs taking their players employ the same tactics themselves the hypocritical wankers.

Noticed another round of Arry's "trific, trific" crack today.

Does any other manager let the media shout names at him in a press conference and answer them in such a way. It's actually a really funny watch.

Cringeworthy all the same.

Lambert doing his best.

'He's a top, top player. He's not getting a game at Manchester City at the minute. As I've said before, I will sit with the rest of the staff and see what I can do. But I don't think you can ever dismiss it any level whenever you are talking about a top player.'

Was delighted when Pogba f***ed off to Juve, looks a real talent and they can't complain as they took him in a less than respectable manner in the first place.

So true, when my Man-U supporting brother (yeah I know  :idiot2: :idiot2: ) complained about Pogba going to Juve I just laughed, a lot

Pogba looked class for Juve so far, no idea why they let him go based on this season :lol:

Fergie was desperate for him to stay by all accounts, but his agent is Mino Raiola

Been reading up on this.

Now this kid has the potential to be the ultimate mercenary :lol:

Also interesting to see Le Havre who always seem to be kicked off about other clubs taking their players employ the same tactics themselves the hypocritical wankers.

That's the thing everyone does it, from top to bottom. I never will understand how people can sit there and complain about a practice when they are doing it anyway.

It's wrong and wish it was eradicated in some way but this "Mummy he stole my toy" attitude is pathetic.

Don't see what the problem is. Liege get a fee for a player that belongs to them.

Ferguson should have lowered his asking price if him and his oracles had seen this coming.

I actually agree with Ferguson on this one. Snidey as fuck, but nowt in the rules to stop it unfortunately.

Amazingly enough,  I'm also with O-Nut and I also agree with Taggart. Something doesn't smell right about this. Don't Manchester United send their young prospects to Belgium ? If it is Liege, they send them too, I can see Taggart putting a stop on it, though something tells me it is Antwerp.

I agree with you Billy that something doesn't sit right with the deal, because it does stink a bit. But I agree with Stu here:

Sure Fergie would attempt the same if the situation arose with someone he wanted.

I think he'd do anything to get ahead, he's as ruthless as they come. I'm quite sure he's done a number of things in his managerial career which weren't entirely ethical or "right" by general standards but if this is how Spurs get Fryers, then so be it. They've taken advantage of poor rules, can't really blame them for that.

Amazingly enough,  I'm also with O-Nut and I also agree with Taggart. Something doesn't smell right about this. Don't Manchester United send their young prospects to Belgium ? If it is Liege, they send them too, I can see Taggart putting a stop on it, though something tells me it is Antwerp.

By the looks of it, Spurs would have had to pay a compensation fee because of his age, but as a foreign club, Liege didn't...all of a sudden Spurs snap him up for next to nowt? Sets a pretty dangerous precedent tbh. Although there's no reason to have sympathy for Man Utd, what's to stop the bigger clubs doing this with clubs who rely on money from their youngsters? They can run their contracts down, f*** off abroad for 6 months for nowt and go to another English club for peanuts. Not good.