Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Queens Park Rangers have made an offer of €8million for FC Porto defender Rolando. The London club's chief executive Phil Beard travelled to Portugal yesterday to meet the Portugal international defender, who he and Porto are attempting to persuade to move.

Rolando rejected QPR's efforts to sign him - and Porto's unusual attempts to push him towards a move brokered by then QPR manager Mark Hughes' unlicensed agent Kia Joorabchian - in the summer window. He has been barely used by Porto since then, but according to a friend of the player remains unconvinced by QPR's credentials.

Following the summer approach, Rolando said: "I didn't go to QPR for two reasons. First, I don't go anywhere on loan. If I leave Porto I want to leave for good because it is difficult for a player who has been a first choice for four years and is a Portugal international to come back to a club after that club has sent him away on loan. Second, with all respect to QPR I didn't consider them to be a team for my level.

"What I find hard to understand is why Porto rejected an offer of €8m from Roma at the beginning of August and then told me to move to QPR for a €2m loan fee and an option of €10m. This I find hard to explain."

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes

Is Paul Lambert optimistic of new signings at #avfc before Jan 31? “No, not really, no". Enquired but cost of deals “way too high”. Worrying

you'd have though the prospect of relegation would have gotten lerner into action like 2 years ago especially this year

Harry Redknapp getting his just desserts now. Ha!

Very surprised they've only managed to add Remy so far. Fantastic.

Fat Sam about to lose Diame to Spurs too.

The window just keeps getting better.

I know they need to replace Sandro for the season but considering they have Sandro Parker Dembele and Huddlestone with Holtby coming in isn't that going overboard, wouldn't it be cheaper and simpler to just get in Holtby?

I know they need to replace Sandro for the season but considering they have Sandro Parker Dembele and Huddlestone with Holtby coming in isn't that going overboard, wouldn't it be cheaper and simpler to just get in Holtby?

I think Sandro and Dembele are the only two central midfielders they are looking to keep long term.

Diame now for £3.5 million to cover Sandro, and if he doesn't really work out like they want, they could probably get at least that amount or more in the summer when they sell.

Just delighted about the negative effect it will have on Fat Sam's team.

I think West Ham are in danger of going down. At least near.

Should put an end to that Allardyce always keeps teams up nonsense.

I would absolutely love it.

He is in the second year of a 2 year contract and they don't seem to be in any rush to extend it.

I think West Ham are in danger of going down. At least near.

West Ham are SIX points above us! :lol:

I don't throw stones in glass houses and I certainly do not throw stones at clubs that are above us because those stones will be returned by gravity and smash us in the head.

I KNOW

Guest Roger Kint

Wenger whinging like a bitch about us at his presser today:

Arsene Wenger says January window is "unfair," adding "we're not after any French player, you can forget that. They go to Newcastle."

Wenger has a bit of a moan, says limit clubs to signing 2 players max in January, not allow buying half a team like #NUFC.

Wenger says unfair clubs like Newcastle can make wholesale changes. Unfair on clubs who have already played them twice

Almost as if he didnt spend £40m in the summer while we spent about £1m......

Arsene Wenger says January window is "unfair," adding "we're not after any French player, you can forget that. They go to Newcastle."

Wenger has a bit of a moan, says limit clubs to signing 2 players max in January, not allow buying half a team like #NUFC.

Wenger says unfair clubs like Newcastle can make wholesale changes. Unfair on clubs who have already played them twice

I really respect Wenger, but he makes less and less sense every season. The transfer market is his real pet hate, seems to detest talking about it.

Fuck me!

Lost a lot of respect for him for that, and I think highly of the guy.

Dissapointing. Wonder if he was after anyone we got.

Couldn't have been right? I mean surely they would have gone there.

Holtby is an attacking midfielder. Huddlestone isn't at Spurs level, Parker isn't disciplined enough to sit.