Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest palnese

Very strange timing from Gotze. His club is in a CL semi-final, and surely you'd keep quiet about it until you're knocked out.

I'd be fuming if I supported Dortmund.

Very strange timing from Gotze. His club is in a CL semi-final, and surely you'd keep quiet about it until you're knocked out.

I'd be honoured if I was them.

:lol: Never gets old.

I'd be honoured if I was them.

:lol: Never gets old.

Really doesnt :lol:

I haven't really followed the Bayern thing - but what happens to the current manager who, really, could not be doing a better job?

Stepping down at end of season. No idea if he's retiring (he's 68 in May).

‘I have a right to think carefully about my future and what I should do next' date='’ he said. ‘If a new Pope can be elected at 76 years old, then why shouldn’t I work as a football coach at 68?’[/quote']

Blimey.

Is Guardiola pulling the transfer budget strings in advance of taking over then?

I think so this signing smacks of Guardiola.

Not so bizarre, I suppose, but very strange with them possibly set to play in a CL final - and I think they will!

http://twentyfour7football.com/matthaus-fans-feel-betrayed-5160

Former Bayern Munich midfielder Lothar Matthaus has said “the fans feel betrayed” over the announcement of Mario Gotze joining the club.

Gotze’s £32 million transfer to Bayern was confirmed by his current club Dortmund on Tuesday morning.

The 20-year-old had previously stated intentions to stay at the 2011 and 2012 Bundesliga champions – Matthaus believes “this damages the whole of football”.

Matthaus told Sky Sports News, “The fans feel betrayed, the comments Mario Gotze made in the recent past (about wanting to stay at Dortmund) don’t make him credible.

“This damages the whole of football.”

Dortmund boss Juergen Klopp said that he has known about the transfer since the day after the Champions League quarter-final tie with Malaga.

Matthaus added, “Anybody with mischievous thoughts will now think back to the (Champions League) quarter-final against Malaga.

“Gotze was a decisive player and wasted six or seven big chances. He showed nerves then and this whole thing has certainly been developing for a while. Maybe now it’s just a relief for him that it’s out in the open.”

On the timing of the announcement, just before Dortmund face Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals, Matthaus said, “It’s not fair, it’s unbelievable.”

Cavani off to QPSG according to loads of Frenchies on Twiiter.

http://www.football-italia.net/33417/psg-agree-cavani-deal-report

French radio station RMC have claimed this afternoon that Paris Saint-Germain have agreed a deal to sign Edinson Cavani.

The station have revealed that the Ligue 1 side have come to an agreement with the Napoli forward over a four-year deal.

It also believed though, that Carlo Ancelotti's men have not yet got the go-ahead from the Partenopei for the move – however, the striker does have a €63m release clause, which PSG are expected to trigger.

Cavani has been linked with a host of Europe's top clubs in recent months, including Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Absolutely this.

The timing makes no sense at all.

Klopp can't leave him on the bench for one reason, shouldn't start for the other reason.