Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I think Adebayor struggled because of Bale's dominance in attack. Spurs would be best with a mobile forward ala Aguero, someone who can interchange with Bale. Maybe Adebayor would have a better season without Bale around, as they don't complement each other very well. Though if it came down to it, I'd rather have Bale than Adebayor.

Completely agree one of the reasons Higuain has struggled at Madrid was because the bigger Ronaldo's influence got the more his space was limited.

Same with Bale and Adebayor but on a lesser scale.

Would Adebayor ever be capable of replacing even half of what Bale offers though? I would be surprised.

Not saying that just that Spurs would need to get a forward of the type Deuce described to get the most from the team.

Just buying a goalscorer wouldn't work.

Soldado's pretty fluid isn't he? Would he be a good fit for them?

He really doesn't have anything to his game other than goals, but as a mobile striker he's as good as it gets. He's extremely smart on the pitch too.

I don't know. Spurs always flatter to deceive me. They look good, but somehow there's a fundamental lack of substance to their attacking play, that's why they need such a battering ram like Bale. I'm not sure just a mobile striker would do.

A lot of it's Lennon. The lad just doesn't produce far too often.

Would be delighted if Bale f***ed off. Might not have to look at his monkey face and that gay love heart celebration quite as much if he goes abroad. Plus I can see it seriously damaging Spurs. They're not a 'one-man-team' as such but I can remember seeing them last season without him and looking quite limp in attack.

They're as close to a one-man team as I've seen TBH. Where would they have finished without him?

I know there's no such thing really, but if there was one they'd be it.

AVB denies it anyway.

Would agree.

AVB built the entire team around him.

Arsenal have offered £40,000,001 for Luis Suarez.

apparently it allows them to speak to Suarez but not have to be accepted by Liverpool, or at least thats Liverpools position, weird clause if so

Odd that like. So if Suarez agrees with Arsenal then Liverpool can just tell them to f*** off anyway?

Guest bimpy474

Arsenal have offered £40,000,001 for Luis Suarez.

apparently it allows them to speak to Suarez but not have to be accepted by Liverpool, or at least thats Liverpools position, weird clause if so

Odd that like. So if Suarez agrees with Arsenal then Liverpool can just tell them to f*** off anyway?

Wasn't this the same weird thing that happened to us with the Swansea LB Taylor.

I'm going to get lots of enjoyment out of the possible hilarity of Suarez joining another English club.

He won't join another English club they said.

He want's out of the country because of the media they said.

Bullocks he just wants to leave and play in the CL.

I'm going to get lots of enjoyment out of the possible hilarity of Suarez joining another English club.

He won't join another English club they said.

He want's out of the country because of the media they said.

Bullocks he just wants to leave and play in the CL.

be hilarious to hear the excuses for going there in the unlikely event of it going through 

Lverpool have rejected it according to Tony Evans of the Times (scouser)

Heard it on bbc too. The strange bid seems legit but appears to have been rejected anyway.

Is it likely Arsenal got misinformation or that Liverpool have rejected it unlawfully? Bit weird.

"Under the terms of Suarez's deal, the club are duty bound to consider any offer for him in excess of £40m and then inform the 26-year-old of it. But the club do not have to sell."

Bit of a pointless clause. :lol:

LFC: Hello, Luis?

LS: ...si?

LFC: Just got off the phone with Joe Kinnear at Newcastle. They've hit the 40mil threshold and we're considering a sale.

LS: ...no...Lovrpol pr favr.

Didier Drogba scored a total  22 league goals in TWO seasons when he first went to Chelsea, the years they won the league. 12, and 10 goals. Mata hit 12 last season.

He also had the most assists in the PL during that time. Daft point tbh.

I'm Drogba's biggest fan. This is just a direct reply to Mole saying Chelsea lack fire power up front.

Drogba can't have had the most assists either in those years. He had 5 and 11. Mata has had 16 and 17.

He 100% had the most PL assists in one of his first two seasons.

Total across the 2 years... maybe. He didn't top it the first season with 5.

West Ham rumoured to be after Remy. Wages would be no problem for them if the AC figure bandied about is correct. He is the only really quality player we have been linked with so far this summer.

David Gold (their chairman) said on Twitter they weren't interested in him at all due to his upcoming court case.