Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Another interview this time on RMC.

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/165936/cabaye-il-y-a-un-gros-projet-a-newcastle/

Recently transferred to Newcastle, Yohan Cabaye came to talk to us at Larqué Foot on RMC (radio station). The former Lille man was surprised, and enjoyed his discussions with the bosses from the Premier League side. "I made my decision based on the club and the league. What they said to me impressed me. Newcastle aren't in Europe but have the ambition to get there quickly. It's a fairly legendary club with a beautiful stadium and good supporters. There's a big project. What surprised me is that they knew me so well. They assured me that I will play, and with me we'll play a passing game that I should play. They assured that I will play but if I don't perform, it will soon change."

what's the last sentence all about? :lol:

He'll be banging down the door.

Another interview this time on RMC.

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/165936/cabaye-il-y-a-un-gros-projet-a-newcastle/

Recently transferred to Newcastle, Yohan Cabaye came to talk to us at Larqué Foot on RMC (radio station). The former Lille man was surprised, and enjoyed his discussions with the bosses from the Premier League side. "I made my decision based on the club and the league. What they said to me impressed me. Newcastle aren't in Europe but have the ambition to get there quickly. It's a fairly legendary club with a beautiful stadium and good supporters. There's a big project. What surprised me is that they knew me so well. They assured me that I will play, and with me we'll play a passing game that I should play. They assured that I will play but if I don't perform, it will soon change."

what's the last sentence all about? :lol:

He'll be banging down the door.

:D

Guest Loven11

Newcastle United new boy Yohan Cabaye has claimed he has been assured that the club will bolster their squad further this summer.

Cabaye recently signed a five-year contract at St James' Park after the Magpies had a bid accepted by Ligue 1 champions Lille.

The 25-year-old midfielder believes the future is bright on Tyneside and is confident that reinforcements will help the team achieve their targets.

He said in the Express: "I am going to play in the best championship in the world for a club who want to get back into Europe within a year and one who are building an ambitious team.

"I am the first recruit but I have discussed things with manager Alan Pardew and I know others will follow. The directors have assured me on this point."

I really like the guy's attitude. He wants to make his own mark on a team that's a work in progress, rather than join a set-up that's already established. It's the sort of decision that often works best, and the likes of Gervinho should consider that.

To get a player like Yohan in so quickly has been a big bonus.

He is the sort of player I wanted in the centre of midfield as he is a little different to the others we have got in there, Kevin Nolan, Cheik Tiote and Danny Guthrie.

He is a clever player and he is a busy player. We were watching him for a long time and we moved as soon as we could. We’re delighted he is here.

He can spot a good pass and he is good on the ball. I think he will excite people next season, and it’s great to have one player in already.

Not a lot of clubs have managed to do that, so it shows how much work we’ve done since January to get the players we need.

:thup:

To get a player like Yohan in so quickly has been a big bonus.

He is the sort of player I wanted in the centre of midfield as he is a little different to the others we have got in there, Kevin Nolan, Cheik Tiote and Danny Guthrie.

He is a clever player and he is a busy player. We were watching him for a long time and we moved as soon as we could. We’re delighted he is here.

He can spot a good pass and he is good on the ball. I think he will excite people next season, and it’s great to have one player in already.

Not a lot of clubs have managed to do that, so it shows how much work we’ve done since January to get the players we need.

Not even a mention of Smith. Nice. :lol:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :lol:

Another interview from him this time in France Football.

"It is true that people were surprised, but for me it was clear from the beginning. I was at Lille since 1998, I completed the League and Cup double, it was ideal. I wanted to find another club, another country, another environment. I have no regrets about joining Newcastle. I am sure of my choice. It is an ambitious club with a magnificent stadium which the supporters fill. When I arrived there on Friday after getting back from international duty, I noticed to myself, that I have arrived on a different planet".

Another interview from him this time in France Football.

"It is true that people were surprised, but for me it was clear from the beginning. I was at Lille since 1998, I completed the League and Cup double, it was ideal. I wanted to find another club, another country, another environment. I have no regrets about joining Newcastle. I am sure of my choice. It is an ambitious club with a magnificent stadium which the supporters fill. When I arrived there on Friday after getting back from international duty, I noticed to myself, that I have arrived on a different planet".

Sounds like exactly the kind of guy we need.

Bienvenue Yohan! :thup:

"When I arrived there on Friday after getting back from international duty, I noticed to myself, that I have arrived on a different planet".

"Lots of cyclops and hunchbacks everywhere, then the taxi driver told me we were just passing through sunderland"

:smug: