Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He'll be knackered at the weekend after running around with the rest of the french midfield trying to get the ball off the spanish. Think France might win it though, especially if the Spanish play like they did against Finland, 1000 passes, nothing happens, start again, 1000 passes etc

Is the france-spain game on tv in UK? Or atleast repeated later on after England or something? can't see it anywhere

It's being streamed on the Guardian's website.

now i realise it's tabloid tittle tattle (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-roberto-mancini-again-1788964) but if they werent to be far out, if monaco were to do a citeh/chelsea/PSG, you'd think cabaye would be high on their list. His stock seems to have risen massively in france over the last year. have to say i'm a bit worried. as a player alone he's in the 22mill plus area but i cant help feel it;s on his back that we have debuchy,sissoko, mapou and I have him down as our captain next season.

more worried asbout losing him than anyone else including ben arfa.

Truthfully, I only expect him to be around another season tops. Considering he joined at 25, right?

A year as captain and a big money move, I wouldn't hold it against him at all.

Would be great if we could really kick on and have loads of players of his quality. But when you have CL quality players in a team not in the CL, eventually they will leave.

There were reports in France that Monaco offered Sissoko silly wages to join them in January but he came here instead.

According to Del Boy he was pre-contracted to join us in the summer anyway.

There were reports in France that Monaco offered Sissoko silly wages to join them in January but he came here instead.

monaco were at that time a second tier club. had they been spunking millions all over the shop and been in the top flight (which looks likely come the summer) he may have thought differently.

A newspaper got hold of that way back last year. I remember throwing some links up on here at some point (Guardian or Telegraph springs to mind)

From his point of view, unless he's really homesick, a move back to France would be a huge backwards step for his career.

It's our job as a club, if we want to keep the quality players, to progress to a position where we can compete and be a force. The future is looking good after the January window, but another poor summer and I think a few will be thinking about moving on. You only get so many years at the top level in your prime.