Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

What was with cabs in the last few minutes looked totally cream crackered I hope he is ok .

Tried a shot and clattered the underside of one their player's boots, looked and sounded nasty.

Cabaye's best performances have come as the furthest forward midfield player where he can create chances for Cissé. He's much better when he can slide passes through to him along the ground than he is sitting deeper and lofting balls into the box.

It's easy to overlook what he's doing because he makes it look so easy. When the ball comes into him there's never any doubt whether he's going to keep it and make the right decision and keep the move going.

He only needs to stop being such a niggly tackler, but then again he actually doesn't get booked excessively.

He only needs to stop being such a niggly tackler, but then again he actually doesn't get booked excessively.

very luckily imo. Maybe because he's almost a wee lad. Maybe it's because he's a class player. Maybe it's because he's beautiful. But he gets away with a lot. Arguable red cards being yellow etc. long may it continue but he'll need to adapt slightly.

very luckily imo. Maybe because he's almost a wee lad. Maybe it's because he's a class player. Maybe it's because he's beautiful. But he gets away with a lot. Arguable red cards being yellow etc. long may it continue but he'll need to adapt slightly.

Yep, I think it's a bit of all of those. He's also prepared to make up for his small size through dirty tactics. I agree he needs to watch it though.

I've seen a lot of criticism on here recently of the dirty side of his game, I quite like it to be honest as long as it's not causing a lot of yellows, which it isn't at the minute. I want someone in there constantly niggling at the opposition and I find things like 'not fit to be captain' to be laughable to be honest. Every successful team has at least one right little cunt in it, why shouldn't we? Even better that we don't have to sacrifice actual ball playing ability to have him in there. For all Tiote's been poor this season it must be a right pain in the arse to play against those two, I think that's a positive for us.

I've seen a lot of criticism on here recently of the dirty side of his game, I quite like it to be honest as long as it's not causing a lot of yellows, which it isn't at the minute. I want someone in there constantly niggling at the opposition and I find things like 'not fit to be captain' to be laughable to be honest. Every successful team has at least one right little cunt in it, why shouldn't we? Even better that we don't have to sacrifice actual ball playing ability to have him in there. For all Tiote's been poor this season it must be a right pain in the arse to play against those two, I think that's a positive for us.

Yeah, that's what I was trying hint at above. As long as he's not getting booked a lot I would say he's getting the balance about right.

Obviously Tiote gets booked for a lot of things that are softer than Cabaye does, guess he just looks more like a hard bastard.

Yeah, that's what I was trying hint at above. As long as he's not getting booked a lot I would say he's getting the balance about right.

Obviously Tiote gets booked for a lot of things that are softer than Cabaye does, guess he just looks more like a hard bastard.

I think it's to do with force and speed. Tiote can really move over 2/3 yards so he's hits people harder and more often than not they hit the deck. Cabaye's are probably just as dangerous but don't look as bad as he's more lightweight/not moving as fast.