Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

PSG or Arsenal are going to buy him next week, no time ofr us to react, it's like a carefully laid out plan in action.

Don't worry, we've developed a gameplan specifically for the final week when our players come under offer. Sell them.

Guest bimpy474

PSG or Arsenal are going to buy him next week, no time ofr us to react, it's like a carefully laid out plan in action.

Don't worry, we've developed a gameplan specifically for the final week when our players come under offer. Sell them.

Cracking plan, not sure it's good for us though.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 1m

Laurent Blanc has announced if he can get rid of enough players quickly he will try and sign 'one or two players of quality'. #PSG #Cabaye?

Verratti & Sakho. Done deal.

Verratti signed a new contract last/this week.

Laurent Blanc has announced if he can get rid of enough players quickly he will try and sign 'one or two players of quality'. #PSG #Cabaye?

They've certainly got the wealth to buy Cabaye and then worry about selling later on. If they really want him, they'll buy him.

They've certainly got the wealth to buy Cabaye and then worry about selling later on. If they really want him, they'll buy him.

Question is if they really want him, why haven't they bought him already?

Question is if they really want him, why haven't they bought him already?

Pass - maybe he wasn't a priority target until they realised he could tie himself up in a long term deal with Arsenal. I see what you're saying though.

You could argue the point for Arsenal - why now? If he was a priority, then he'd be gone by now.

Well Arsenal are desperate for anybody, PSG have infinite money and basically the pick of the world's best players.

The Arsenal fans I know just can't understand the move for Cabaye at all. In terms of other priorities, cover in the middle etc.

Strange one.

Well Arsenal are desperate for anybody, PSG have infinite money and basically the pick of the world's best players.

The Arsenal fans I know just can't understand the move for Cabaye at all. In terms of other priorities, cover in the middle etc.

Strange one.

It's the same with the ones I know as well.  They see him as a squad player.

Strange one.

It's the same with the ones I know as well.  They see him as a squad player.

You can see where they are coming from.

He is not a player they desperately need, when they already have Wilshire , Ramsey etc who can play that position.  Only reason Wenger was interested is probably due to how injury prone his players are.

I don't understand.  Why would the club want to sell Cabaye, and drop him to prevent further injuries, just when Arsenal submitted a far-below acceptable value bids (and we rejected)?  If PSG has already informed us that they are in then I understand, but as far as we know it wasn't the case before the Man City match.

I don't buy the prevent injury theory because if a club wants a player they won't mind him having slight injuries.  But even if this theory is correct, the timing doesn't match either.  It's Arsenal man.  Everyone in football industry know their bids this summer are nothing but a joke.  They just randomly submit silly bids and hope any club would press the wrong button by error. 

I think the rumour that Cabaye thinks the bid is genuine and the club thinks it's bullshit and thus there's clash are true.  I can understand why Cabaye wants to jump ships, I don't blame him for this, but i am fucking disappointed that he believes Arsenal's interest are genuine  :idiot2:

Guest Phil K

Good for Ashley though. We don't count

Personally don't believe the PSG thing. They're just trying to UP the price to Arsenal

Good for Ashley though. We don't count

Personally don't believe the PSG thing. They're just trying to UP the price to Arsenal

rumoured that Arsenal's interest already cooled down?

Guest chopey

Arsenal play at 12.45, so Wenga might get flown up here on the chopper and get wined and dined like any other client