Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I will be delighted if he stays to the end of the season as I was worried that he might leave in January which would cause us problems as when he plays well the team tends to do well.  He should be motivated enough to keep performing for the rest of the season for both the World Cup and to ensure a move to a Champions League club.  His was poor last season and no doubt this put clubs off.

From the outset, I never really expected him to stay for more than 3 years because by the time his contract would up for renegotiation, his age would be a factor for Ashley.

Anita isn't as creative and doesn't have the goals, don't get me wrong love Anita but not a like for like replacement. We were meant to be eyeing up that Hughes at derby weren't we?

Despite the recent-Anita love, don't think he's a patch on Cabaye.

Anita isn't as creative and doesn't have the goals, don't get me wrong love Anita but not a like for like replacement. We were meant to be eyeing up that Hughes at derby weren't we?

Despite the recent-Anita love, don't think he's a patch on Cabaye.

He's different. His reading of the game, movement and short passing are as good as Cabaye if not better. He just doesn't have as much of the extra stuff that Cabaye does, the set pieces and shooting etc.

A few posts stating Cabaye was poor for us last season. He was one of the few players pulling their weigth when he wasn 't injured...

And yes, our complete lack of ambition will always mean our best players will be looking to make a step up. Can't blame them either.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Doesn't Hughes play a bit further forward than Cabaye? Seems a bit more of your David Silva type from the limited bits that I've seen of him.

He does generally yeah, although he's intelligent enough to play from deep & has the range of passing to suit. He plays really well in and around the box, can make a run or spot one & even gets back.

He's literally the only reason I'll watch Derby County if they're on

Guest Haris Vuckic

Doesn't Hughes play a bit further forward than Cabaye? Seems a bit more of your David Silva type from the limited bits that I've seen of him.

He does generally yeah, although he's intelligent enough to play from deep & has the range of passing to suit. He plays really well in and around the box, can make a run or spot one & even gets back.

He's literally the only reason I'll watch Derby County if they're on

:thup: I think he'll make the step up fairly comfortably but you never of course. Certainly an intelligent enough player to

Apparently his attitude is class too regards training - i.e he plays the same way & recognises he needs to improve physically. He'll be class I reckon but I hope he doesn't graduate to 'Premier League Bench' & then we never see him again.

He'll be far better off staying at Derby at the moment, who knows? Maybe McLaren will get them promoted.

We are just a stepping stone, obviously

We all foresaw this happening but there's only Ashley to blame. Anita has been fantastic this season and will fill the gap but we'll no doubt get a replacement, although they'll have big shoes to fill. Hopefully Debuchy doesn't follow him out.

We are just a stepping stone, obviously

We all foresaw this happening but there's only Ashley to blame. Anita has been fantastic this season and will fill the gap but we'll no doubt get a replacement, although they'll have big shoes to fill. Hopefully Debuchy doesn't follow him out.

Yeah, fuck you Ashley. A normal owner would have given Cabaye the Champions League football he came here for.

He'll (Ashley or Cabaye?) wait until the world cup is over, and depending on the type of performances he has put in we'll (sorry... FCB) will get loads for him and he will get the champions league team he is yearning for...

Can't see anything else happening unless we miracoulously make 4th place ;)