Yohan Cabaye retires

I watched the first half of Guingamp vs PSG and had to turn it off. Blanc is the glammed up version of Pardew tactically. Negativity Central. The quality of football, despite the millions of pounds worth of talent on show was unbelievably poor. 

Blanc is shit. Rudi Garcia and Rene Girard piss all over that prick.

Smells a bit dodgy to me.

We've probably been pushing the £25m rumours all window and now, at this late stage, we've stuck out a £14m rumour to drum up interest and make him appear affordable in the hope of generating a last-minute auction.

We've probably been pushing the £25m rumours all window and now, at this late stage, we've stuck out a £14m rumour to drum up interest and make him appear affordable in the hope of generating a last-minute auction.

Blanc has constantly admitted an interest hasn't he? and PSG aren't the tightest club around.

I know it is hard to believe but I don't think we are always the ones leaking this info to get interest.

Blanc has constantly admitted an interest hasn't he? and PSG aren't the tightest club around.

I know it is hard to believe but I don't think we are always the ones leaking this info to get interest.

Why didn't they bid £11m in the summer then?

It's not hard to believe, it's naive not to tbqh.

Why does there always have to be a conspiracy? :lol:

What do we achieve by leaking the info that we flatly rejected a bid of £14 million? Surely that would only put clubs off who would then see our valuation as unrealistic.

Pretty standard practise isn't it, not a conspiracy as such? Notify other interested parties that one club has made roads to actually sign the player; try to start a bidding war.

What do we achieve by leaking the info that we flatly rejected a bid of £14 million? Surely that would only put clubs off who would then see our valuation as unrealistic.

Pretty standard practise isn't it? Notify other interested parties that one club has made roads to actually sign the player; try to start a bidding war.

If the bid was at all close to what the club know to value him at then I could see the logic. It's no where near what the club want though. I can't imagine it's got Arsenal, Man United etc. scrambling around looking for their cheque books worried that they're going to be beaten to his signature.

Guest bimpy474

Fucking sick of this, where are the players we should be bringing in.

If we sign no one this window it'll be 18 months without a senior player signing permanently come the end of the season.

Pretty standard practise isn't it? Notify other interested parties that one club has made roads to actually sign the player; try to start a bidding war.

If the bid was at all close to what the club know to value him at then I could see the logic. It's no where near what the club want though. I can't imagine it's got Arsenal, Man United etc. scrambling around looking for their cheque books worried that they're going to be beaten to his signature.

It's £4m more than they were gonna get in the summer. Nobody knows what their valuation is.

What this information will do imho will have Arsenal/Man Utd etc wondering if they 'just' bid £16m, would it be enough.

Then they'll be told someone else has already bid more.............they'll still think £18m is a bargain because all they've heard, read and been told all month is that he's worth £25m.

Why didn't they bid £11m in the summer? :dontknow: Because they knew it would be rejected as it is only £1m more than the £10m Arsenal bid?

PSG have made their interest perfectly clear, why would we pretend they have made a bid to get them to bid? :lol:

Why didn't they bid £11m in the summer? :dontknow: Because they knew it would be rejected as it is only £1m more than the £10m Arsenal bid?

PSG have made their interest perfectly clear, why would we pretend they have made a bid to get them to bid? :lol:

Isn't it obvious that there would be other clubs interested? Fucking hell, this isn't rocket science.