Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

What if we sold Cabaye for 25 mill, then brought in Cabella, and De Jong? How would people feel?

We'd be trading a very good player, established in this league and on top of his game for two players I've never seen play before. Don't give a f*** about the money. So I'd be lying if I said I'd be happy.

It'd be interesting though, and at least show willing from the club.

I 100% agree with this.

via @gallowgateshots

BfA11VOIgAAY1ut.jpg:large

We aren't in a CL spot or fighting for one. So we should be rightly be worried, we can't offer Cabaye that. What is so bad about that?

I'd be wondering why we're not fighting for one?

because ashley won't invest in the squad enough to do so? We have the basis of a squad that could be up there but its lacking in areas

Who knows, we just have to let it unfold.

Or we can position ourselves against it by not going to the game. You can be men or cowards.

This.

What will you be r0cafella. A man, or a coward?

I don't support this regime.

Or we can position ourselves against it by not going to the game. You can be men or cowards.

This.

Miss what games? The next few are already sold out.

via @gallowgateshots

BfA11VOIgAAY1ut.jpg:large

We aren't in a CL spot or fighting for one. So we should be rightly be worried, we can't offer Cabaye that. What is so bad about that?

I'd be wondering why we're not fighting for one?

Pardew has addressed that today, saying we could be up there fighting for a champions league place within 2 weeks time (especially if we keep Cabaye). And his responsibility is to get in there so that we can keep players happy.

This.

Exactly and that's the point isn't it?

We can't expect anything to change whilst we show up week in week out and support this regime

Had we brought in Cabella + De Jong  (plus held on to Cabaye) I think we could have realistically had a shot at a CL place. It's not like we've got anything else to worry about this season but there is no ambition at the top so instead we'll sell Cabaye, not bring anyone in and probably drop to 9th/10th by the end of the season.

This.

We can't expect anything to change whilst we show up week in week out and support this regime

Why would anyone want to miss the derby though.

This.

Since Pardew has come in we've managed to obtain a nasty habit of not winning them.

What if we sold Cabaye for 25 mill, then brought in Cabella, and De Jong? How would people feel?

It genuinely won't ever happen. But it would take the edge off of losing Cabaye. I presume he wants to go and you can't blame him. He gets to play in the CL with some of the best players in the world in his home country. Signing a replacement and also a player to add to the squad is just too logical for MA though.

We should be keeping Cabaye as well as buying Cabella and De Jong…..it's called ambition.

This.

Because some of us went to the last one at SJP?