Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Paris was proper underwhelming TBF. Cities like Barcelona and Cologne have much more character and of course our beautiful city.

Yeah, fuck Paris. He will end up in London no doubt.

Said he wants to play every week. Since when did that mean he was signing for Palace?

I think it originated from this: http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/06/crystal-palace-line-up-double-transfer-swoop-for-loic-remy-and-yohan-cabaye-5233441/

Players in being linked to an old manager to sell papers shocker.

I would be amazed if either Remy or Cabaye went to Palace. Amazed.

Didn't realise Cabaye is 29 - thought he was younger for some reason.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/abramovich-not-amused-with-mourinho-as-chelsea-lose-out-to-man-ci

Yohan Cabaye to Crystal Palace? An eyebrow raising one but also one which doesn't seem completely impossible according to the player himself. Cabaye moved from Newcastle United to PSG partly to help up his French profile ahead of the World Cup and get in the squad.

Cabaye thought his performances for Newcastle United were being overlooked by France and decided he needed a clean break to help boost his chances, of course the much higher wages on offer helped swing his decision too. Cabaye had excelled at Newcastle United and the club have surely missed his presence since but he had such a good time with Alan Pardew that he's spoken positively when quizzed on the rumours.

Quoted by Le Parisien newspaper, the former Newcastle United player said "It went very well with him. I enjoyed it with him and he does a great job. The most important thing is to find fun. If I have to make that decision, it will be a pleasure to see my old coach."

Cabaye speaking positively about a move to Crystal Palace and name dropping Pardew as the reason will be music to the ears of the former Newcastle United manager. It'll be exciting for Crystal Palace too but perhaps a little concerning for whoever is in charge of the London club's budget this summer.