Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Phillipe Auclair on Guardian's football weekly saying in france everyone is surprised how successful he's been, apparently they thought he was good but not as good as he's been here and that he wouldn't settle in so quickly. If that's the opinion in france can't hurt his international standings, as I imagine would have been his main worry.

Want to make his mind up. The same fella called him a great player and said most of France were wondering what he was doing here not so long back.

Guest Heneage

Phillipe Auclair on Guardian's football weekly saying in france everyone is surprised how successful he's been, apparently they thought he was good but not as good as he's been here and that he wouldn't settle in so quickly. If that's the opinion in france can't hurt his international standings, as I imagine would have been his main worry.

Want to make his mind up. The same fella called him a great player and said most of France were wondering what he was doing here not so long back.

His opinion, and the consensus in France may be two different things.

I think Robert's best was the one away at Olympiakos or the one he blasted at Anfield.

The one at Derby for me. Just an obscene angle for a left-footer to smash with that much power and bend, and also because I think everyone (probably even Nobby himself) was waiting for the right-footer to cross it.

His opinion, and the consensus in France may be two different things.

There's still a big discrepancy. If they thought he was far too good for us surely they expected him to play reasonably well in our colours. He's hardly been phenomenal.

Did they give him the goal against liverpool or not? Sorry if it's been mentioned i can't be arsed skipping back a few pages.

Think they gave it as an Agger own goal.

Cheers, tight bastards eh!

Can't believe how hard he hit it with such a short run up, oh and how accurate it was!  Similar to the Blackburn free kick in terms of distance and where it ended up!  Gutted I couldn't make the match, would have had a stunning view from where I sit, celebrated right near as well.

Guest icemanblue

Aye, he was feeling his hamstring. He was saying he'd be OK, until Colo took it upon himself to decide he wouldn't. :lol: