Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

I suspect they're saying newcastle is a depressed area in terms of the economy and it's translating as sad.

Actually dont they mean wet, cold and gloomy ?. I reckon its about the weather myself.

I hope that Pards is watching this tournament closely and plays Cabaye in the same position next season as he's playing in this tournament - he's much more effective pushed up behind the strikers.

It was obvious for us all to see, totally baffling why he went back to 442 when the 433 had served us so well.

Guest Howaythetoon

I celebrated Cabaye's goal more than I did Carroll's for England... sad I know.

Regarding Ginola, he used to get stick when he returned here but he champions our City, people and club in the same way the likes of Sir Bobby did, KK et al. Gullit is similar.

It makes me immensley proud to listen to the likes of Ginola saying nice things about our City, the people and our club because lets be honest, he's one snazzy fucker in every way. Cabaye likewise.

Btw when I was in Paris last year, although as a city it didn't feel at all like a footballing one, similar to London in many ways, I enjoyed many a conversation about Newcastle with a few of the locals.

We like to down-play our own club if you like at times but I'm telling you, NUFC is regarded highly on the continent. I was in the ancient 'city' of Carthage a few years back and was given a free coffee by a local caffe owner because I was wearing my Toon top, he was a Toon fan apparently.

Regarding Ginola, he used to get stick when he returned here but he champions our City, people and club in the same way the likes of Sir Bobby did, KK et al. Gullit is similar.

It makes me immensley proud to listen to the likes of Ginola saying nice things about our City, the people and our club because lets be honest, he's one snazzy fucker in every way. Cabaye likewise.

Btw when I was in Paris last year, although as a city it didn't feel at all like a footballing one, similar to London in many ways, I enjoyed many a conversation about Newcastle with a few of the locals.

We like to down-play our own club if you like at times but I'm telling you, NUFC is regarded highly on the continent. I was in the ancient 'city' of Carthage a few years back and was given a free coffee by a local caffe owner because I was wearing my Toon top, he was a Toon fan apparently.

Didn't Ginola get 'deserved' stick when he left us as wasn't he quite critical?

Guest Howaythetoon

It makes me immensley proud to listen to the likes of Ginola saying nice things about our City, the people and our club because lets be honest, he's one snazzy f***er in every way. Cabaye likewise.

I don't remember him being critical of the fans or City. I remember him being critical of Dalglish and critical of the club as in that Spurs were going places and we were not, or words to that effect. It might have riled a few back then but looking back, he was probably entitled to some of those views.

Guest neesy111

It makes me immensley proud to listen to the likes of Ginola saying nice things about our City, the people and our club because lets be honest, he's one snazzy f***er in every way. Cabaye likewise.

I don't remember him being critical of the fans or City. I remember him being critical of Dalglish and critical of the club as in that Spurs were going places and we were not, or words to that effect. It might have riled a few back then but looking back, he was probably entitled to some of those views.

He slagged off the area after his house got burgled IIRC.

Guest firetotheworks

He definitely got abuse when he played against us. I remember because I didn't like it.

Remember Ginola getting subbed off at SJP playing for Villa after getting dogs abuse - John Gregory took him off about a minute before half time which I thought was shocking man management as he got absolute pelters as he walked off.

Yeah he got loads of abuse due the reports of him slagging us off, something about not wanting to raise his children in this city.  Although I am sure he denied saying such things and said it was utter rubbish.

It's surreal that Dreamboat actually plays for us. Just 12 months ago we had to cope with Fatty Nolan :lol:  Seriously, he must be on of the best CM in PL. He got an excellent allround play: Not only is he a creative force, but he's also fantastic in his defensive responsibilities. Wonder what's his value now, and remember LFC paid £20 mill for Downing, and £18 mill for fucking Henderson  ;D

For 5million what a pisstake.Could you imagine Fergie was making the same signings as us...the media would be jizzing all over him.Instead he will go and sign another average centre midfielder for 20 mil and nothing will be said