Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

How did it feel to score? Great joy, and also relief. Then you start thinking of your children, so I of course thought of my little daughter. I think these are special moments that will stay with you forever in your career. In the end what counts is the win for the team and I was lucky enough to score.

This time we attacked from the beginning of the match. The coach chose the formation to create spaces in behind, because we were also aware that they would tackle a lot on the right-hand side, so with Franck [Ribéry] on our left we could counter that. That was how we scored the first goal. I think we succeeded tonight and the team is relieved. We can prepare for the third match with more confidence, for sure.

The '87 generation of Samir Nasri, Karim Benzema and tonight Jérémy Menez? If a team wants to accomplish something special, it needs talent. And those players are talented. There is also Hatem Ben Arfa, who did not play tonight. Those four players are really talented and we stay behind them and try to keep our eyes open. Because, let's put it like that, in the attack they run a little bit everywhere. But that's not a bad thing as long as they do their job and score goals. That's what is really important. We are there to support them and help them play. We can consider ourselves lucky to have them, and I hope that they will stay without any injuries and in good form for the rest of the tournament.

Find it really hard to track him when watching them on the box.  Many of their players look alike and he gets around the pitch so much I find myself thinking he has done stuff he hasn't and vice versa

Find it really hard to track him when watching them on the box.  Many of their players look alike and he gets around the pitch so much I find myself thinking he has done stuff he hasn't and vice versa

Just look out for his boots, blue on them.

many people had pointed out that france had a problem with getting people in the box, especially when benzema drifted,....the first time in about 2 years a midfielder does it and what happens ?

Any news about his injury?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7817496/

France coach Laurent Blanc is confident midfielder Yohan Cabaye will be fit for the final Euro 2012 group game against Sweden on Tuesday.

Cabaye was replaced midway through the second half of Friday's 2-0 victory over co-hosts Ukraine after feeling a twinge in his thigh.

The Newcastle United midfielder had earlier scored France's second goal and also struck the post, but he had been troubled by a slight thigh problem in the build-up to the game.

However, with France needing just a point against Sweden to be certain of advancing to the quarter-finals, Blanc has no major concerns over Cabaye's fitness.

"I am not worried but we have to be aware of it," said Blanc.

"He had felt a little twinge behind his thigh in training and he felt it again during the match. He then thought it best not to push his luck."

Cabaye has grasped his chance in the France side on the back of an impressive debut season for Newcastle and is keeping the fit-again Yann M'Vila out of Blanc's starting line-up.

Well, See for newcastle i cant help but get a muckle erection when hes amongst our team of male gods...

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Newcastle-United-v-Liverpool.jpg

but then he plays for france and they put him next to the biggest cock block in world football...

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/28241_136414106384830_115325995160308_355018_1460953_a.jpg

http://photo.europe1.fr/sport/ribery-cabaye-benzema-reuters-930620/20301357-1-fre-FR/Ribery-cabaye-benzema-reuters-930620_scalewidth_630.jpg

Nonetheless i still do :naughty: