Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Said he wants to play every week. Since when did that mean he was signing for Palace?

I think it originated from this: http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/06/crystal-palace-line-up-double-transfer-swoop-for-loic-remy-and-yohan-cabaye-5233441/

Players in being linked to an old manager to sell papers shocker.

I said this the other day like. It's just an easy rumour to make

Actually just saw that quote on the previous page. I honestly don't understand one reason why he would go to Palace except that Pardew would probably let him pick the team

Would like to see him back in the Premier League,would even like to see him become a wonder player at someone like Palace.

Just couldn't handle seeing smug Pardew getting wins from Cabaye bailing him out again.

The Palace link shouldn't be a surprise. Cabaye would recommend other French players to join him at our club, so there must have been something about the Pardew regime that he liked / respected. He left because he had the chance of going to a CL club.

The Palace link shouldn't be a surprise. Cabaye would recommend other French players to join him at our club, so there must have been something about the Pardew regime that he liked / respected. He left because he had the chance of going to a CL club.

We were also playing hoofball, which one of his best mates Demba Ba criticised Pardew for, upon leaving for Chelsea. I am confident our better players leaving had an influence on Cabayes thoughts. It's a lack of ambition and the playing style on the pitch was sold as a lie.

Guest Roger Kint

Fact is we will never re sign him in a million years. Pointless worrying about where he goes, like you say ian its his funeral.

I would be okay with Cabaye going to Palace. Pardew is only ever going to do well playing hoofball and Cabaye won't suit that style any more than he did here. Pardew displaying his confusion once again.

I think his wife will be quite cosy in Central London while he has to dodge around Croydon playing at a 3rd rate ground. He shouldn't be going anywhere there if football was his main priority.

Quoted by Le Parisien newspaper, the former Newcastle United player said "It went very well with him. I enjoyed it with him and he does a great job. The most important thing is to find fun. If I have to make that decision, it will be a pleasure to see my old coach."

It went very well? He enjoyed it? Pardew did a great job? It was fun? A pleasure?!

Completely unacceptable.