Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Calling that a Mario Balotelli-style kick is farcical. He's not the first to kick out at someone and won't be the last, no reason his name should be mentioned every time this happens.

:thup:

Honestly don't think he was trying to kick him in the face, just lashed out in frustration. Can't complain if he does get a ban but comparing it to the Balotelli one, which was without a shadow of a doubt deliberate, is ludicrous.

Really don't see what he's done wrong. The only thing is that Cabaye's facial expression hints at intent, but it was just a natural tangle of legs.

He looked to have lashed out from a couple of the replays I've seen, I don't think we can complain if he gets banned.  Pity the other things the ref missed can't be looked at and put right because he was a bit shit.

Blood on his lip :lol: I've made bigger cuts whilst shaving.

My mate said the exact same thing when we were watching the game. He said that it was a pathetic cut he had there :laugh:

Regarding the possibility of Cabaye getting a retrospective ban, it's more than likely to happen really.

Wasting his talent at the minute.  No movement in front of him, bypass the midfield far too often and don't get him on the ball enough.

In relation to the 'stamp' I can see it going either way TBH.  Just mad that El Abd can stamp on HBA's achilles after the ball has gone and Cabaye can get tackled somewhere around the knee and nothing gets said?

Guest neesy111

The FA's hypocrisy is unreal towards incidents like this. Appealing for Rooney's kick to be reduced for example.

This. 

Wasting his talent at the minute.  No movement in front of him, bypass the midfield far too often and don't get him on the ball enough.

In relation to the 'stamp' I can see it going either way TBH.  Just mad that El Abd can stamp on HBA's achilles after the ball has gone and Cabaye can get tackled somewhere around the knee and nothing gets said?

Agree, but still doesn't justify what Cabaye did, does it? Cabaye was extremely stupid in that situation and I hope he doesn't get the ban he deserves.

We all know Cabaye will excel with two good forwards instead of one or none, and I also think that if Ben Arfa can get back to a form he has been showing at times this season and impose himself more in the game it will help Cabaye.

Looking forward to seeing him in action with Cisse on the field, we haven't really had anyone who can get behind the defense in a while. Think Cabaye and Ben Arfa should both benefit from it.

I know it's a bit of a lame thing to say, but can't help but think we would have mullered Fulham and Brighton if Tiote and the boys from Senegal had been available. Simple fact is that Best and Shola do not make a dangerous forward line an do not allow the midfield to shine.

Agree, but still doesn't justify what Cabaye did, does it? Cabaye was extremely stupid in that situation and I hope he doesn't get the ban he deserves.

We all know Cabaye will excel with two good forwards instead of one or none, and I also think that if Ben Arfa can get back to a form he has been showing at times this season and impose himself more in the game it will help Cabaye.

I am not trying to justify it, just point out the hideous flaws and inconsistency in officiating.  Been a big talking point lately and it doesn't seem to be going away.  The FA and thier mystery panel and convulted rules don't help either.

Guest reefatoon

I know it is his French temperament, but for me, he needs to stop these hissy fits in every game.  Personally I feel his form has dropped a bit too (which is always going to happen with any foreign guy coming into a new league), which maybe is why he is throwing these hissy fits (The QPR game after the tackle, him playing at Fulham just showed he went off in a strop, and the Brighton game he was running around with little man syndrome, wanting to fight the world).  Hopefully he will pick his form back up (the sooner we get our full strength team back will help too) and get back to doing what he does best.

People (including myself) were worrying about him burning out.  Came straight back after injuries for France, played in every International game, covering a lot more ground than he did for Lille and still trying to get used to the league and his new team.

His form has been hit and miss at best of late, not saying it isn't to do with having no Ba or Tiote and some questionable tactics.  But I think the above points can hardly help his cause.

I am praying that he doesn't get banned, but it might end up being a blessing in disguise..... It won't like, but I'm trying to look for a positive!

I know it is his French temperament, but for me, he needs to stop these hissy fits in every game.  Personally I feel his form has dropped a bit too (which is always going to happen with any foreign guy coming into a new league), which maybe is why he is throwing these hissy fits (The QPR game after the tackle, him playing at Fulham just showed he went off in a strop, and the Brighton game he was running around with little man syndrome, wanting to fight the world).  Hopefully he will pick his form back up (the sooner we get our full strength team back will help too) and get back to doing what he does best.

A bit harsh there aren't we Ray? :)

I like the nasty side to him, as long as he doesn't over step the mark. He was silly v Brighton and I don't think we'd have much to argue about apart from stuff like Lescot's forearm and Crouch's caress across the face were worse. When him and Tiote play there is a steel to our team.

Any word on it? How long before the FA normally look at these incidents?

Dunno but we will appeal imo, even if it is just to delay the inevitable, going off Suarez we'd have two weeks from the decision, means he's available till Tiote is back.