Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Loven11

Not sure if Giggs, but Sned's just posted this on Twitter:

http://i39.tinypic.com/e9dcba.jpg

:lol:

Shola  :lol:

I'm still amazed people think of comparing Cabaye to Guthrie... they shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence.

Cabaye "just" arrived, whereas Guthrie has played in England and knows the game all his life.

One is an international, one is not.

One has an eye for breakthrough passes, one might have, but fails to execute due to lack of passing skills 95% of the time.

One has defensive capabilities, where as one doesn't.

Do we need to continue?

I actually can only think of one match where I didn't really MIND seeing Guthrie on the field, and that was when Cabaye was out suspended or something. Guthrie and Perch due to ACN, although it doesn't matter, Guthrie will go and we'll get Belhanda. Who wins? :)

Guest BooBoo

Playing hm in the advanced role seemed to be completely befuddle Stoke.

Another master strike by the man they call Pards.

Playing hm in the advanced role seemed to be completely befuddle Stoke.

Another master strike by the man they call Pards.

Should have played him there long ago. (ie, after the game at Villa Park)

Never really had the personnel to before Cisse & Barfa. He's Been fantastic where ever he's played this year, but this is definitely his best position.

His head is turned another direction, he sends that pass blind... awesome epicness :)

mentioned that yesterday, pure class....stares straight ahead and just dinks it to his left

the sexy bastard

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Parker has 0 goals 1 assit

Cabaye has 5 goals 9 assits and has coverd more yards than anyone else + has a good tackling record.

How Parker gets in team of the year instead of him is a farce.

I'm agreeing with all who call him sexy too (no homo).

dat pass

Loved the reaction of the Stoke defence for that goal. Half of them belatedly appealed for offside just for the sake of it, others couldn't understand how it wasn't offside... None of them had a clue what just happened :lol:

The weight he puts on dat pass is just pure genius! It takes a lot of intelligence, experience and selflessness to provide such an assist. The way that pass was made, you can see that Cabaye had already visualized exactly what Cisse would do with it, in exactly the same way it happened.

Been saying it all season, that this fella is a major major reason our football club has been elevated to where it is now. Signing of the season by miles.