Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

work horse but i though his passing was poor today tbh but still another great shift he gave.

Did you see some of his passing in the first half? Sublime. The flick that nearly put Demba through was ridiculous.

Was very tired at end, had given everything, water carrier today, but did have glimpses of his more creative role. did as asked very well, sad he was at fault for the second goal though.

Guest ToonZA

I still cannot believe we have a player of this quality at our club. His passing, vision, intelligence and work-rate is something to behold.

Recall a moment where we were stuck on our right hand side close to half way and all options were closed.  He read the danger and made a full on sprint into the heart of the city defense to create an option and was unlucky not to release Cisse through on goal.  :love:

Guest firetotheworks

Im so pleased that Ive come on here and everyone's praising him. I had a horrible feeling that there'd be people blaming him for their second. :thup:

Was it really nearly a year ago we bought this guy and everyone was wondering if he was good or not? The kind of midfielder we were desperately short of last season, extraordinary vision and passing. Next season I hope to see him clocking up a better goal tally.

Ran the match for 70minutes. Got tired, anyone with stats on how much he ran? Mustve reached 13km or so.

On the stream I was watching I think he ran 5km by half time, ran the most out of all the players both teams by half time.

Love him I really do.  He's balls out 100% effort every game and has a touch of quality too.  If we kep the core of this team and add 2 or 3 similar players we'll go from strength to strength.

Guest neesy111

To think some ppl on here wanted Guthrie ahead of him is mental.  They know who they are and they know what do with themselves.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

work horse but i though his passing was poor today tbh but still another great shift he gave.

Did you see some of his passing in the first half? Sublime. The flick that nearly put Demba through was ridiculous.

But there was a good few incidents I can remember where he did give the ball away, clearly others don't, not that it matters too much anyway because he still had a good game.

Hope he spends the summer practising corners. :pow:

Exceptional footballer. Known since Villa (a) that we've had an absolute gem on our hands here; i think he's going to be even better next year. Can't wait to see him, and the other attackers, blossom ahead of an upgraded defense next season. I still don't think we're anything close to top gear from an attacking perspective, when you consider how young the squad is (in terms of matches played).

Lost Toure for the first goal, if he had of kept with him it would have made it a lot tougher for him.

But, he's generally been excellent all season. I really think he'll kick on next year too.

Wasnt really Cabayes fault... He was trying to push forward and make our attack tick more .. we lsot possesion .. hed ran his arse off for 65 minutes and was knackered.. really think we should have played with a midfield 3 ... with ferguson left wing and gutierrez defensive mid....

Guest BooBoo

I thought him and a number of others just looked a bit leggy in the second half.

Please can we have a new left side corner taker?