Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

As was mentioned during the game, letting Guthrie go was daft. We have absolutely zero back up for Cabaye.

NUFC didn't let Guthrie go. NUFC offered him a new contract but he wanted first team football so he left (ironically he's not starting for Reading). We should have bought an attacking, central midfielder as cover for Cabaye.

As was mentioned during the game, letting Guthrie go was daft. We have absolutely zero back up for Cabaye.

We didn't let him go though. He turned down our contract offer.

Because we probably offered him £3,000 a week.

He actually said he wasn't guaranteed first team football here so that's why he moved.

May force Pards to move towards a 3 man midfield, if true. I don't think he believes the replacements can consistently stand in for him in a 2. I'd fancy Marv or even Amalfitano to do a good job as the furthest forward midfielder but wouldn't be surprised to see Jonas simply take over and we continue with the same shape.

Guest Vinkent

To be fair with Guthrie too, I'm sure he had a fair share of time on the sidelines with injury too. Can't remember him having a prolonged injury free spell but maybe that's just my memory