Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Sad to see him go, but who can blame him?

I can. He's paid enough to do his job, ffs. And he claims to be a professional, so he should fucking well act it.

:thup: long gone are those days though.

Guest palnese

I can. He's paid enough to do his job, ffs. And he claims to be a professional, so he should fucking well act it.

Oh, aye, the "not being in the right frame of mind" bullshit is poor form, but I can see why he'd want to leave.

Oh, aye, the "not being in the right frame of mind" bullshit is poor form, but I can see why he'd want to leave.

If I was Cabaye, I'd have been angling for a move for ages. Surprised he stayed this long.

Honestly mate, so can we all, but don't be meaning excuses for him just because Mike Ashley's a rotten, fetid Jabba the Hutt cunt.

I have as much evidence for my opinion than anyone else...so I know it's dogmatic.

But I think he's not playing because the club are happy to sell him and they don't want him injured.

I reckon he would have played if required.

Dogmatic, I know.

Agree 100% with this. Pardew's been trying to shift him all summer.

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph 22s

Told by a good source that Mike Ashley responded to Arsenal £10.2m bid for Cabaye by saying "which part of him do you want?"

Certainly wouldn't be paying that for his heart.

We have a great bunch of individuals but tonight reminds me of my feelings after 0-3 and 0-6. This just isn't going to work out - the French project looked good but there's a serious lack of heart and desire almost every match. They're not playing well. Maybe its time to try something different.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10252371/Yohan-Cabaye-approach-rejected-as-Arsenal-launch-derisory-12m-transfer-bid-for-Newcastle-midfielder.html

Arsenal’s bid soon became public and, with Cabaye keen to leave, manager Alan Pardew withdrew the France midfielder from the Newcastle United squad to face Manchester City on Monday night.

“On the eve of the game we have had a bid which we don’t think is acceptable,” Pardew said. “I’ve got to put a team out here tonight that I think is going to get us a result.”

Arsenal have also reacted to their 3-1 defeat against Aston Villa on Saturday by tabling a bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

Newcastle immediately turned down Arsenal’s offer for Cabaye and made it known that they considered Arsène Wenger’s valuation to be “derisory”.

In a direct conversation with Dick Law, Arsenal’s contract negotiator, it is understood that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley responded to the offer for Cabaye with the words: “Which part of him do you want to buy?”

When Law assured him that Arsenal’s offer was genuine, Ashley then apparently said that they should come back with at least £20 million if they were serious about starting negotiations.

"Dick Law".

We have a great bunch of individuals but tonight reminds me of my feelings after 0-3 and 0-6. This just isn't going to work out - the French project looked good but there's a serious lack of heart and desire almost every match. They're not playing well. Maybe its time to try something different.

Confident, theyre great. The first signs of doubt, they dissapear. Thats the issue, probably related strongly to our lack of comebacks going back however long it went.

Understand Cabaye on the one hand, wants to go really & this is his chance.

On the other hand, really? On the night of our game? Talk about supporting your current teammates. The guy has just helped his current club lose.

Fucking shambles, should have been made to play.

If someone tried to poach me from my job i wouldn't get the fucking day off because my head "Wasn't right" professional footballers are such precious fuckers like.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10252371/Yohan-Cabaye-approach-rejected-as-Arsenal-launch-derisory-12m-transfer-bid-for-Newcastle-midfielder.html

Arsenal’s bid soon became public and, with Cabaye keen to leave, manager Alan Pardew withdrew the France midfielder from the Newcastle United squad to face Manchester City on Monday night.

“On the eve of the game we have had a bid which we don’t think is acceptable,” Pardew said. “I’ve got to put a team out here tonight that I think is going to get us a result.”

Arsenal have also reacted to their 3-1 defeat against Aston Villa on Saturday by tabling a bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

Newcastle immediately turned down Arsenal’s offer for Cabaye and made it known that they considered Arsène Wenger’s valuation to be “derisory”.

In a direct conversation with Dick Law, Arsenal’s contract negotiator, it is understood that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley responded to the offer for Cabaye with the words: “Which part of him do you want to buy?”

When Law assured him that Arsenal’s offer was genuine, Ashley then apparently said that they should come back with at least £20 million if they were serious about starting negotiations.

"Dick Law".

honestly thats probably how I'd have responded

Guest bimpy474

All my respect and love for this player has gone, absolute shit cunt for what he's done.

Sell him and move on.