Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

A player with professional pride would love to play in tonights game regardless of a bid and he should be telling Pardew to fuck off for keeping him out of the starting 11 .But this is what we have now players just do not give a shit and clearly he does not want to be here anymore ,my worry is his influence in the dressing room according to Radio Newcastle John Anderson and it could cause a domino effect.

The hero worship that was once affordedthis guy.

How do players just behave the way they do?

Never ceases to amaze me.

Bitch move by one hell of a diva.

Do we just expect players to not fuck us off when we have zero ambition? I cannot blame him, I don't necessarily respect him for it but I cannot blame him.

On the flip side we've just been anal filsted by a bunch of over-payed divas.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't blame him at all tbh. Fans aside we're a joke of a club. I'd be off to most other Premier League clubs in a flash if I had no affiliation with us.

I doubt Cabaye is unprofessional enough that he wouldn't have been willing to play and put in a shift tonight. Seems pretty obvious to me that the club have been desperate to flog either this lad or Cisse throughout the summer (the transfer market "congestion" excuse that Pardew made for a lack of new signings referred to the inability to sell either of them, I would've thought), and now that the bidding war looks set to begin for Cabaye it would make sense that they wouldn't want to risk him picking up an injury, since he's pretty prone to them. Cynical towards the management of the club, perhaps, but not far from the truth I'd imagine.

Guest icemanblue

As much as I loved the guy, this is poor form. Should have made sure he played tonight, and be remembered well.

The hero worship that was once affordedthis guy.

How do players just behave the way they do?

Never ceases to amaze me.

Bitch move by one hell of a diva.

Do we just expect players to not f*** us off when we have zero ambition? I cannot blame him, I don't necessarily respect him for it but I cannot blame him.

On the flip side we've just been anal filsted by a bunch of over-payed divas.

For refusing to play he's an absolute diva bitch. Simple.

I doubt Cabaye is unprofessional enough that he wouldn't have been willing to play and put in a shift tonight. Seems pretty obvious to me that the club have been desperate to flog either this lad or Cisse throughout the summer (the transfer market "congestion" excuse that Pardew made for a lack of new signings referred to the inability to sell either of them, I would've thought), and now that the bidding war looks set to begin for Cabaye it would make sense that they wouldn't want to risk him picking up an injury, since he's pretty prone to them. Cynical towards the management of the club, perhaps, but not far from the truth I'd imagine.

:thup: Saved me some typin'

This is what sprung to mind when Pardew said he'd left him out.

There is absolutely no evidence what-so-ever that he refused to play.

Reports are that he travelled to Manchester with the squad. Not sure why he'd do that if he wasn't prepared to play.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alan-pardew-arsenal-bid-for-yohan-cabaye-lacked-respect-and-honour-8775352.html

“When you do a pre-season like we have and been very thorough and prepared for three days with a team that includes Cabaye, it is tough for his head to be turned on the eve of a game. I didn’t see any reason why that needed to happen. Why they couldn’t do us the respect and the honour of waiting until Tuesday evening is beyond me

“I think it is just a very difficult situation when a player gets news like that and it wasn’t us who gave him the news. That it is very hard to get your head round to play a game of this magnitude. I don’t really want to comment anymore than that. It is pretty obvious I am upset about that and I would rather focus on what for us has been a tough day. We have 37 games to go and we need to make sure we don’t let this game emotionally scar us.”

Asked about the size of the Arsenal bid, Pardew said, “I am not sure of the exact terms of it but it is below our valuation of the player, for sure.”

He added: “This [Cabaye] is a terrific player ... there is a question about the window being closed before we kick off the Premier League season. I know the Premier League asked the European leagues to do it and they said the European leagues wouldn’t fall in line. After the summer we have had, the situations we have had, with [Wayne] Rooney as well, it is definitely something they need to put under the microscope again.”

Guest neesy111

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alan-pardew-arsenal-bid-for-yohan-cabaye-lacked-respect-and-honour-8775352.html

“When you do a pre-season like we have and been very thorough and prepared for three days with a team that includes Cabaye, it is tough for his head to be turned on the eve of a game. I didn’t see any reason why that needed to happen. Why they couldn’t do us the respect and the honour of waiting until Tuesday evening is beyond me

“I think it is just a very difficult situation when a player gets news like that and it wasn’t us who gave him the news. That it is very hard to get your head round to play a game of this magnitude. I don’t really want to comment anymore than that. It is pretty obvious I am upset about that and I would rather focus on what for us has been a tough day. We have 37 games to go and we need to make sure we don’t let this game emotionally scar us.”

Asked about the size of the Arsenal bid, Pardew said, “I am not sure of the exact terms of it but it is below our valuation of the player, for sure.”

He added: “This [Cabaye] is a terrific player ... there is a question about the window being closed before we kick off the Premier League season. I know the Premier League asked the European leagues to do it and they said the European leagues wouldn’t fall in line. After the summer we have had, the situations we have had, with [Wayne] Rooney as well, it is definitely something they need to put under the microscope again.”

It's clear he has no say in any of our transfers after that, unless he's speaking shite as always.