Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

The replacement, if there is one, has to be a left winger. Sissoko was being shoe horned in everywhere and now will play alongside Tiote when fit (lets not pretend we wont play 442). I'm not sure where Gouffran was meant to be playing last night, he seemed to be behind Cisse. Once Remy goes there someone to replace Jonas is obviously needed. Thauvin sounds ideal. Seeing as time is running out to spend anything we get for Cabaye a part exchange with Sahko would be great as Willo is far too close to the team again.

Anything over 15m will be brilliant business money wise. Cabaye is wildly overrated. Obviously in a functioning Arsenal unit will look a better player. Gets inj a lot, is moody and imo too tiny for a PL midfielder.

I just saw Pardew talking about the "disrespectful" bid for Cabaye.

I don't get that. How is it disrespectful? It is a laughably low bid which nobody expects to be successful, but I don't see why a manager of a PL club should be surprised to receive a bid for one of his players at any point during the transfer window.

Then the whole "we prepared for three days with Cabaye" yada yada yada spiel is a pretty transparent piece of nonsense.

He looks like he's squirming and making excuses after one game of the season. I can see why you'd find him annoying.

I don't get that. How is it disrespectful? It is a laughably low bid which nobody expects to be successful, but I don't see why a manager of a PL club should be surprised to receive a bid for one of his players at any point during the transfer window.

Then the whole "we prepared for three days with Cabaye" yada yada yada spiel is a pretty transparent piece of nonsense.

He looks like he's squirming and making excuses after one game of the season. I can see why you'd find him annoying.

The rubbish about us playing well until the sending off is another excuse as well, as it implies we were still in the game but the red card ruined our chances. He can never just hold his hands up and say we were crap and need to sort it out in the coming games, it's always someone else's fault - this time the ref's and Arsenal's.

The rubbish about us playing well until the sending off is another excuse as well, as it implies we were still in the game but the red card ruined our chances. He can never just hold his hands up and say we were crap and need to sort it out in the coming games, it's always someone else's fault - this time the ref's and Arsenal's.

:thup:

Whilst the timing is bad, Arsenal owe us nothing, so if a bid were to coming in it would have been better for has had it been today but the transfer window is open Arsenal haven't broke any rules. Wenger is under his own pressure so why should he give two f**ks about us or Pardew.

Can't believe the bullshit about us doing well up to the sending off. We were 3rd place last night completely schooled. Albeit by a quality side but still we were spineless and clueless. We have talented players so the majority of the blame has to be with the manager.

Anything over 15m will be brilliant business money wise. Cabaye is wildly overrated. Obviously in a functioning Arsenal unit will look a better player. Gets inj a lot, is moody and imo too tiny for a PL midfielder.

Pretty much kept us in the PL last season.

Guest Roger Kint

Whilst the timing is bad, Arsenal owe us nothing, so if a bid were to coming in it would have been better for has had it been today but the transfer window is open Arsenal haven't broke any rules. Wenger is under his own pressure so why should he give two f**ks about us or Pardew.

Theres putting in a bid and there taking the piss bidding what they know will be thrown out. Wonder what Wenger would say if Moyes bid £15m for Wilshire on Saturday morning(or whatever day they play next)

Theres putting in a bid and there taking the p*ss bidding what they know will be thrown out. Wonder what Wenger would say if Moyes bid £15m for Wilshire on Saturday morning(or whatever day they play next)

£10 million is  a pisstake but not to Wenger and Arsenal. They see us making a profit and it's not as if Cabaye was in blistering form last season. Wenger is obviously starting out low. Can see us accepting £15 million which isn't a huge leap when you consider they upped their bid by £15,000,001 for Suarez :)

Wenger would be tamping if Moyes did that but Wenger doesn't give a shit about us, and he always has been very hypocritical.

Guest Roger Kint

I agree with most of that but as his only aim was to unsettle the player imo its tough to take. We needed him out there last night, thanks to Ashley/JFK's summer spending we had nigh on nowt else.

I agree with most of that but as his only aim was to unsettle the player imo its tough to take. We needed him out there last night, thanks to Ashley/JFK's summer spending we had nigh on nowt else.

We had a perfectly good Vurnon Anita who hasn't really been given an extended run in the team and when he has, he hasn't been played in a role befitting of his strengths and weaknesses.

Guest Roger Kint

We had a perfectly good Vurnon Anita who hasn't really been given an extended run in the team and when he has, he hasn't been played in a role befitting of his strengths and weaknesses.

As Pardew refuses to start him for whatever reason that point isnt valid although i agree with you. Shoehorning a 20% fit Jonas in looks to have fucked him over as well.

It is tough to take it is the last thing the squad needed to deal with. I am sure Cabaye missing did effect the other players as well. I don't think we would have been as bad with him last night? Who knows?

Just read a telegraph article now it did make me lol a bit when Ashley supposedly said "which part of him do you want" and then when the Arsenal rep made it clear it was a serious bid was told to come back with a bid of at least £20 mill and negotiations can start. Looks like if Arsenal want him Ashely will win again.

As Pardew refuses to start him for whatever reason that point isnt valid although i agree with you. Shoehorning a 20% fit Jonas in looks to have fucked him over as well.

I was praying I'd wake up today and somehow pardew had been sacked , I know it was highly unlikely, I have no doubt now though if we get beat of West Ham and Fulham he'll be gone.