Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

The trouble is that Arsenal appear to be the only team in for Cabaye. PSG and Monaco haven't bid for him. Cabaye wants to leave so it doesn't exactly put NUFC in a position of power. NUFC's options appear to be to sell him to Arsenal for much less than we want or have him moping around until January (after his performances last season I can't see Cabaye playing good enough to encourage other teams to come in for him in the January transfer window).

we hold the cards imho ,if its true that he refuses to pay seek legal advice and tell Arsenal our valuation take it or leave it ,Cabaye has been a disgrace in my view as all he has to do is clear it all up but says nowt and in my eyes he is the bad boy here.

The problem is I can see Cabaye sulking all season if he doesn't get a move. I can't picture him busting a gut for us. It's a World Cup year so you'd think he'd be up for it but after his poor season last season I wouldn't bet on it. Will he play well for us to try to get a move in January if he doesn't move before this transfer window?

A proper person would bust a gut to try and get into the French squad for the world cup but this kernt is pathetic and lets be honest a lot of fans feel let down by his behaviour in the last year .

In todays market easily worth £20million

I'd definitely hold out for £20m. Today's market is strange though - £20m is less than what Carroll, Downing (ish) and Illarramendi fetched (Yo is better than them) but more than what Cazorla, Coutinho, Navas and Ozil cost (who are all better than him). So there's not much perspective anymore. But with 3 years left on his deal, we can certainly demand a large fee. Maybe take note from Spurs when they held firm with Modric.

Guest icemanblue

Fuck them. £20m is the price. He's contracted to us for another three years, and I'm not sure we need to sell. Although, I am sure we'd like to.

Honestly I do still want him because I think he's quality.

Agree. We also presumably have no replacement lined up of comparable or better quality, and I doubt - with the 'ambition' being shown by the club - that a player of such calibre would want to join this sinking ship.

keep him, if he has a good World Cup he will be worth well more than £13m

in the present climate he will be no where near the French squad !!

It depends, he might not look like much in our set up, but in a passing side like Arsenal's he could look a different player. That's another problem with having a shite manager, he is going to devalue the technical players by making them play a game they aren't suited to.

On holiday in france and saw l'equipe this morning. Big picture of cabaye with a headline saying arsenal bid again but psg about to act. Also a sub headline saying newcastle arrive in marseille for ayew.

come on then, who's gonna do the "look at me, look at me". holidaying in france and being able to read French ffs. pathetic.

I would hope we are giving interested clubs a deadline to meet our asking price, and I hope that deadline leaves us with enough time to recruit his replacement.

Of course we're not.

keep him, if he has a good World Cup he will be worth well more than £13m

in the present climate he will be no where near the French squad !!

It depends, he might not look like much in our set up, but in a passing side like Arsenal's he could look a different player. That's another problem with having a s**** manager, he is going to devalue the technical players by making them play a game they aren't suited to.

he's not at Arsenal... he is still with us  !!

Arsenal are doing to is what we do to others. Hard to complain. Still think we should tell them to sod off but our desire to sell has been so clear since July, sometimes seeming to border on desperation.

Guest bimpy474

Arsenal are doing to is what we do to others. Hard to complain. Still think we should tell them to sod off but our desire to sell has been so clear since July, sometimes seeming to border on desperation.

Aye but the others clubs dont sell to us like, bet we sell though.

On holiday in france and saw l'equipe this morning. Big picture of cabaye with a headline saying arsenal bid again but psg about to act. Also a sub headline saying newcastle arrive in marseille for ayew.

come on then, who's gonna do the "look at me, look at me". holidaying in france and being able to read French ffs. pathetic.

Look at me, look at me, I know the forum jokes.

Pathetic

Says something about Newcastle that the one club who's done worse than us in the market this summer has managed to unsettle one of our best players with a mediocre transfer bid. :lol:

What does it say?

OK, had enough now..... if all's said is true, he needs to p*ss off sharpish and we need to draw a line under the whole affair. Drain Arsenal or PSG for maximum cash and boot him out.

After last season's craven show and complete lack of effort does he really think he holds all the cards?