Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I think we are stuck with the moody cunt and he's stuck with us. He would be my third choice in centre midfield anyhow behind Anita and Sissoko.

If Cabaye stays I would very much like to see knackers play him with Sissoko and Anita as the default midfield. The way Anita plays is good for others and I reckon it could be a very good setup. HBA, Remy plus another as the front three.

I reckon Cabaye needs the smile putting back on his face, playing some good football will sort him out IMO.

If he does end up staying, hopefully he will take the attitude that he needs to play well this season to show that last season was a blip and to ensure that he is in the French World Cup squad.  If he has a good season, he will then probably get his move as a club may offer closer to the asking price.

I think he will go today to be honest. Some middle ground will be met and hell go for 17 mill. The player is clearly not happy here. Well replace him in January and stick with what we have for now. If we can get Ayew in that would be perfect for the left wing. In that circumstance we have to pray that Anita and Sissoko dont get injured.

Guest WashyGeordie

@Pearcesport: I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve" #moodchanger

OOH BURN

£42.4 million is a monster sum for a reserve then... :shifty:

Guest Craig-NUFC

James Pearce ‏@Pearcesport

I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve" #moodchanger