Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Least we've lined up a very good player as a replacement, about as positive as we can be. Thought he would have stayed till the summer, like.

Getting him over than lined up is the problem, do you really think we'll pay £12m for Cabella because i dont.

If we get 26 for Cabaye then yes...

We wont, hasn't our transfer dealing told you that. We will try but wont pay what they ask. £12M spent by us would be surprising, nice but very surprising.

There was a similar thing to this in the summer mind but with Monaco if we remember, so who the frig knows.

Just did a search and aye, L'Equipe TV mentioned in the summer that he was set to join Monaco after passing a medical - obviously we know how that turned out. So aye, no-one really knows what's going with this really, well apart from our idiots from above.

I'm absolutely crushed because I didnt see this happening yet. Summer, absolutely, but not now. It's hard to stay positive because he IS the team at the minute and he's in the form of his life. But:

1) That's a superb fee.

2) At least it isnt another English team.

3) An immediate, quality replacement is lined up.

Gutted :(

Also selling him means Debuchy at some point will want to follow and I would guess Remy will just think whats the point of staying here when we are willing to sell our best most important player in the middle of the season..

Lack of ambition rids your club of quality players but also will put off future signings, Cabaye when from getting French players to sign for us to wanting to leave.

The Kinnear effect in full flow.

Guest bimpy474

Also selling him means Debuchy at some point will want to follow and I would guess Remy will just think whats the point of staying here when we are willing to sell our best most important player in the middle of the season..

Lack of ambition rids your club of quality players but also will put off future signings, Cabaye when from getting French players to sign for us to wanting to leave.

Not sure it's got anything to do with Kinnear, bringing them in or not might be though. As for Debuchy i think he has more about him tbh.

He has made a big difference this season and we probably would have won the Southampton game had he played. Maybe they are thinking he is now 28 and it is a good time to cash in, particularly as he has been playing so well.

Not sure it's got anything to do with Kinnear, bringing them in or not might be though. As for Debuchy i think he has more about him tbh.

First thing Kinnear did was offend him with that utterly stupid "Kebabs" I mean fkn hell but the whole shit storm in the summer with Arsenal and Yo saying "ask Kinnear the truth about what happened".

Lack of ambition and the mess we have in charge go hand in hand, as for Debuchy he is in top top form and I bet in the summer PSG come in for him if they sign Cabs now.

Can we have a new owner, please? :weep:

Unless a new owner was an Arab multi-billionare, would a new owner really make a difference? The sums needed to repeatedly break into the top four are now vast, and the second tier of Europe is an utter joke. It's only natural any top class play aspires to play in a Champs League club. That's where the money and prestige is.

Yes. We already have a very competitive starting XI with a few players backing those up. Wouldn't take a massive amount of money to have us challenging the top 6 every season. The amount of ambition there at the moment is pathetic, we'd have more chance keeping hold of the likes of Cabaye if we showed even just a little bit of ambition to try and get into the CL. A new manager would be a good place to start once a new owner was in place too.

Eurosport.com EN ‏@EurosportCom_EN 4m

RUMOUR: Eurosport France tells us PSG are keen on Yohan Cabye and the player would like a move but talk of an agreed fee is inaccurate.

Retweeted by Colin

Expand

Must be true then

You would think we would be inviting a bigger bid from Manure who A. Paid £27.5 m for an inferior player and B. Need someone like Cabaye. Can certainly see brinkmanship galore from Ashley if he thinks he can get more money.

Guest bimpy474

First thing Kinnear did was offend him with that utterly stupid "Kebabs" I mean fkn hell but the whole shit storm in the summer with Arsenal and Yo saying "ask Kinnear the truth about what happened".

Lack of ambition and the mess we have in charge go hand in hand, as for Debuchy he is in top top form and I bet in the summer PSG come in for him if they sign Cabs now.

Cabaye wanting to go had nothing to do with JFK though, he heard of Arsenal'ss bid and had a tantrum when he wasn't allowed to go for a derisory fee. The rest i agree with the lack of ambiton and mess but Cabaye wanting to leave is for Champions League football not because of JFK.