Twitter nonsense

Thespence

I don’t doubt that we’ve sounded him out and have an idea of what his wages would be. Stumbling block would obviously be how prohibitive the transfer fee would be, considering his is not a priority position for us right now.

Guest HTT II

I’d love him here mind, just on the old YouTube stuff he reminds me of Zidane with his gait, how he always looks to play the ball quickly and his vision. 

Think one of the replies on Twitter suggested that we may be holding off until the end of the window due to the size of the fee. 

Currently we are painting the picture that we have a ‘budget’ and have been tough negotiators and made reasonably priced signings - if we go and spunk £50+ Million on Paqueta now, could affect the prices we are quoted for other deals, so could be a case of doing other deals first and then leaving Paqueta as the last one. 

23 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I don’t doubt that we’ve sounded him out and have an idea of what his wages would be. Stumbling block would obviously be how prohibitive the transfer fee would be, considering his is not a priority position for us right now.

Might all depend on how much we spend at other positions too. And what moves we make.

I think we really wanted to add goals to the team, and were looking to spend a decent chunk on a high output right winger i.e. Diaby, who had the best output for goals and assists from all our targets in that position.

If the Diaby move doesn't really pan out, and we end up getting someone on the right wing that isn't quite as much of a goal threat and is nowhere near as expensive, then maybe we add more of an offensive minded central midfielder, and put the bigger money towards that i.e. Pacqueta.

I wouldn't rule it out yet, at all.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

Think one of the replies on Twitter suggested that we may be holding off until the end of the window due to the size of the fee. 

Currently we are painting the picture that we have a ‘budget’ and have been tough negotiators and made reasonably priced signings - if we go and spunk £50+ Million on Paqueta now, could affect the prices we are quoted for other deals, so could be a case of doing other deals first and then leaving Paqueta as the last one. 

That's a really good point too.

5 minutes ago, NWMag said:

?? Agent Bruno keeping him in the loop. Mum’s the word! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

We're not signing Paqueta. He doesn't fit what we need as a midfielder and some of our fans seem hung up on him because he's Bruno's mate. We need a DM/#6 if we're signing another midfielder but I don't think we will this window as a winger and striker are far more important. 

1 hour ago, NWMag said:

Think that was me who tweeted that ?

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We're not signing Paqueta. He doesn't fit what we need as a midfielder and some of our fans seem hung up on him because he's Bruno's mate. We need a DM/#6 if we're signing another midfielder but I don't think we will this window as a winger and striker are far more important. 

He could work more of a diamond front 4 and play Bruno deeper

12 minutes ago, Menace said:

Based on what? They don't even play in the same position.

Based on money in vs money out. We’re struggling to raise anything on the incomings, regardless of the “richest club in the world” patter, so would think some rebalancing would be in order. Could be offset by flogging the likes of Shelvey, Almiron, Darlow, Lascelles, Manquillo etc but can’t see that happening in this market.

Saying that Paqueta doesn't fit in :lol: He'd improve us massively in the centre, especially in the last third.  Would also offer us a dimension which we dont have, never mind of quality even near his ability.

He'd be the link between attack and midfield while Bruno is the link between midfield and defense when on the ball. Obviously interchangable. Then we wouldn't have to rely on creativity from out

wide as much. Plus allow us to control gmes and possession much much better. Calm and composed and very technical.

Edited by Ikon

Paqueta can play as a right forward too from what I've read, looking at his clips he'd have no issues there either.

Dreaming here, but this looks canny frightening:

Wilson

Maxi               Paqueta

Joe'ton      Bruno

Eriksen

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Paqueta can play as a right forward too from what I've read, looking at his clips he'd have no issues there either.

Dreaming here, but this looks canny frightening:

Wilson

Maxi               Paqueta

Joe'ton      Bruno

Eriksen

What's going on with Eriksen? Seems to have gone all quiet with him this last week.

12 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

What that tweet fails to realise is that in actuality Bruno is a technical number 6, that can also play as a technical number 8.

Pacqueta is a number 10/number 8 that is a lot more robust than many realise. He often played in a midfield three at Lyon and is adept at pressing and tackling.

You can see his defensive stats right there:- https://fbref.com/en/players/9b6f7fd5/Lucas-Paqueta

A midfield three of Joe, Paqueta and Bruno would be immense.