Twitter nonsense

Thespence

"According to Respected Sources at NUFC".... of those who would know, I wouldn't respect any of them!

And its a bit of a nothing 'exclusive' really. Doesn't tell you when these talks allegedly took places, or the outcome - positive/negative, etc.

Can't wait to see Easy Ryder pick it up though.

"5 Things we know about Red Bull."

If RB took over a PL club would they be able to change name, colors etc?

Branding is not permitted in club names in the English professional game or in the top four levels of non-league either. Dunston UTS had to change their name when they went up this summer.

Branding is not permitted in club names in the English professional game or in the top four levels of non-league either. Dunston UTS had to change their name when they went up this summer.

They'd just do what they did in Germany.

Don't really get the hate for them personally compared to other owners

same

My hunch is it's probably something to do with them changing the name and the colours of the "lucky" club in order to turn them into an advert.

Would be some backlash if they renamed the stadium to Red Bull@St Jame's Park.

Can just picture the anger on the concourses from the regulars whilst having their half time £7 Vodka Red Bull®

Don't really get the hate for them personally compared to other owners

same

My hunch is it's probably something to do with them changing the name and the colours of the "lucky" club in order to turn them into an advert.

Well they're just more open about it but better to be an advert for soft drinks than an advert for UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or even Sports Direct

Saw a German bloke on reddit the other day going on about why they were so hated and it was just watery nonsense reading him try to justify why it's ok for Bayer Leverkusen, Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg but somehow reprehensible when its Red Bull. In a perfect world of course it wouldn't happen but there are so many worse things happening in football

Hoffenheim are pretty universally hated in Germany too from my experience. They just carry less threat that RBL and are a sole entity rather than a 'sporting group'.

I guess at least with Bayer and Wolfsburg they're two football clubs at least associated with businesses absolutely entwined and essential in the towns that they operate in.

What would our RB stand for?

Radgie Bellends of Newcastle

Was there a rule change in Germany or something?