Twitter nonsense

Thespence

I wouldn't say I hated McClaren like, clearly out of his depth and got us relegated with a decent squad, but he wasn't despicable, doesn't deserve to be on that list with the likes of what we've had.

1. Bruce

2. Pardew

3. Souness 

Also I would put Gullit in the top 10 for his time here, but he has redeemed himself since.

Allardyce was around for such a short period that I barely remember him. I hated the way we played and I hate him as a person but I don’t remember despising him specifically as NUFC manager 

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Allardyce was around for such a short period that I barely remember him. I hated the way we played and I hate him as a person but I don’t remember despising him specifically as NUFC manager 

He made me stop going to games. Hate him for that.

1. Bruce

2. Pardew

3. Souness

Don't have hate for any of the others, really. Can’t really say that McLaren was detestable, he was just a bit crap.

Gullit refusing a payoff when he was sacked said a lot about him, despite how things went. Compare that to our last manager who was only here for the payoff.

There is far worse than pardew. Allardyce, Bruce & souness. All 3 continue to hammer us after they left, to pardew’s slight credit he hasn’t as far as I remember 

Edited by gdm

It's funny i remember loathing Pardew a lot more than some of the interim managers like joe fucking kinnear as he stuck around so long, looking back looks kinda glorious golden era of Ashley when we were in europa league, were signing exciting mercurial french talents etc etc. Of course Pardew was a massive prat. but considering what came after...

1. Bruce

2. Pardew

3. Allardyce*

*tad too young to fully hate him but hate him now. :lol: Souness maybe but given I was only 5 when he was sacked I can't really put him there but I really fucking resent how he talks about us. Still bitter for taking us from 5th to 14th, the weird flid.

Hate Bruce for obvious reasons, my main gripe with Pardew is not necessarily the football played or the results but the belittling of the club and expectations. "We can't compete with Swansea and Southampton," disrespectful tosh to cover his own failings. That he managed to convince the hierarchy and a good chunk of our fanbase that being in the Europa League is a bad thing because of fatigue, injuries and resultant struggling for form in the PL. No, that's why you have a squad Alan, but you were happy with just Bigirimana, Amalfitano and Anita coming in that summer so you just blamed the EL for your own failings. Some of our fans are still stuck in this mindset imo. 2012-13 scarred some of our fanbase and Ashley imo, after that season he was no longer interested in any form of progression in any way, shape or form which we are still trying to recover from. All Pardew's legacy.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Guest HTT II
30 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

1. Bruce

2. Pardew

3. Allardyce*

*tad too young to fully hate him but hate him now. :lol: Souness maybe but given I was only 5 when he was sacked I can't really put him there but I really fucking resent how he talks about us. Still bitter for taking us from 5th to 14th, the weird flid.

Hate Bruce for obvious reasons, my main gripe with Pardew is not necessarily the football played or the results but the belittling of the club and expectations. "We can't compete with Swansea and Southampton," disrespectful tosh to cover his own failings. That he managed to convince the hierarchy and a good chunk of our fanbase that being in the Europa League is a bad thing because of fatigue, injuries and resultant struggling for form in the PL. No, that's why you have a squad Alan, but you were happy with just Bigirimana, Amalfitano and Anita coming in that summer so you just blamed the EL for your own failings. Some of our fans are still stuck in this mindset imo. 2012-13 scarred some of our fanbase and Ashley imo, after that season he was no longer interested in any form of progression in any way, shape or form which we are still trying to recover from. All Pardew's legacy.

Souness was an awful appointment and so was most of his signings, the football and the results. But he never talked the club down and generally wanted to build a team that could win a cup and challenge, he just couldn’t do that because despite some decent players signed (on paper at least anyway), he didn’t have the skill set to do so. He was unable to bring in some players he really wanted to as well and had to play along with Freddy Shepherd playing his own version of Fantasy Football. He’s obviously very bitter about NUFC and the fans these days though so he can go and fuck himself too. It’s says a lot, however that Bruce hasn’t won anything compared to Souness as managers, who are both cut from the same kind of PFM cloth. How shit must Bruce be [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Bruce is just the most recent, in terms of damage done to the club and also the length of time we had to endure him he's not as bad as others. 

I’m so glad I largely switched off when Rafa left because I couldn’t think of nothing worse than following NUFC under both Ashley AND Bruce.