Twitter nonsense

Thespence

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Shucks :), by the way I think it is him, I'm sure he mentioned it a while ago

It's Amir Hussain who's on here.  Trance (and other stuff) dj/producer. 

Guest HTT II

People don’t live in the real world, not many businesses even as wealthy as PIF will just directly transfer say 10m over, everything is mostly in instalments. We are talking millions here not thousands, even SMEs operate similarly depending on cash flow and finances. Also a lot of it is down to basic accountancy stuff, one lump sum or several payments spread is good for cash flow etc. no surprise it’s that bald cunt stirring shit. He’s just as clueless as he is about footy and journalism, stick to the wine Luke!

Guest HTT II

And the golf thing, they are not signing them to a contract, they are paying them to participate so it’s more about money up front and the two can’t be compared anyway. It does bode well for us in the future, however, that PIF are serious about sport and football being the biggest sport in the world or the most global reaching… 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Sick and tired of that fucking bald cunt like

I hope you’re referring to Luke and not me like…

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Isn’t that first tweet a contradiction? He gets FFP is an issue but is surprised our budget is small because we are owned by PIF ? Doesn’t the first point make the second one irrelevant?

Does someone want to message the cunt that golf doesn't have FFP and football does? 

Absolutely hate twitter like, full of utter melts like this bald prick just getting off on a a bit of negative interaction with thousands of people. I'll never relate to them or their mentality, they can all disappear up their own arseholes asap 

Not only does Edwards profoundly misunderstand FFP, demonstrated by a number of Tweets, but it's the same budget nonsense he was peddling back in January. He's already adjusted it this summer, after initially saying it was £50 million to £60 million, yet people will still label him as reliable if he's third time lucky.

Edit: apparently the "strict budget" is now between £60 million and £100 million. £40 million of wiggle room doesn't sound particularly strict to me like.

Edited by The Prophet

They’re having to throw millions at the golf as it’s new venture and in direct competition with the established tours. They can’t be seen to fail and they’ll continue to throw stupid money at it until it becomes an accepted entity.

It shouldn’t affect us as let’s face it, they’ve the sovereign wealth behind them. I get the feeling we’ll make signings but we’ll only buy players that will improve us and at sensible prices. We can’t be seen panic buying forking out inflated fees and contracts.

It’s going to take time. If LIV shows one thing, it should be that the funds are there to get a job done.