Twitter nonsense

Thespence

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Not only does Edwards profoundly misunderstand FFP, demonstrated by a number of Tweets, but it's the same budget nonsense he was peddling back in January. He's already adjusted it this summer, after initially saying it was £50 million to £60 million, yet people will still label him as reliable if he's third time lucky.

Edit: apparently the "strict budget" is now between £60 million and £100 million. £40 million of wiggle room doesn't sound particularly strict to me like.

I work as a construction estimator.  If I told a client that the price is between £60-100m I would never work again.  These hacks aren’t even having to do estimates.

Edwards is tiresome with this stuff.  There is a laziness to not actually getting an understanding of how FFP works.  And I don’t think FFP is the only driver - this is about how much they’re willing to spend.  I don’t think what they’re willing to spend is what the papers have assumed they are 

edit: for clarity, Edwards talking about paying in instalments because of FFP just shows he hasn’t a fucking clue how it works.  Instalments don’t mitigate against FFP - the transfer fee is amortised over the length of the contract.  It doesn’t matter when you pay it. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Edwards tolerance of £40 million is the equivalent of living in a bedsit in Sunderland or buying a private island in the Bahamas.

His fundamental maths is shocking but at least he can say " I told you so" 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Edwards tolerance of £40 million is the equivalent of living in a bedsit in Sunderland or buying a private island in the Bahamas.

His fundamental maths is shocking but at least he can say " I told you so" 

His doubling and tripling down on being the heel for the NUFC fan base is getting seriously cringey.

On 22/07/2022 at 18:29, The Prophet said:

Not only does Edwards profoundly misunderstand FFP, demonstrated by a number of Tweets, but it's the same budget nonsense he was peddling back in January. He's already adjusted it this summer, after initially saying it was £50 million to £60 million, yet people will still label him as reliable if he's third time lucky.

Edit: apparently the "strict budget" is now between £60 million and £100 million. £40 million of wiggle room doesn't sound particularly strict to me like.

He's got a lot on his plate having both discovered Ajax before anyone else and also having invented women's football.

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

He's got a lot on his plate having both discovered Ajax before anyone else and also having invented women's football.

The only thing he's discovered is 3 bottles for a tenner at his local Waitrose

3 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Update : And coming up with a solution to the cost of living crisis.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

He's just become an absolute parody these days, he's a broken man, not even fellow journalists treat him with a modicum of respect.

Lost all credibility and likability (if he had any in the first place) when he defended Bruce to the hilt solely on the basis that he was his mate, not on the fact that he was a fucking shit manager doing a dreadful job. Tried every excuse in the book for him and has since just dug his heels in; was a part in the Bruce gaslighting attempt of the fans and has maintained the same condescending, cuntish tone when putting news out almost 12 months after he's gone.

"They're not spending that much, there's a budget, wake up, they are interested in Jack Harrison, it's a fact, £50m budget, this is how it is, they're skint, FFP," etc. Like fuck off you odious cunt. You have as much knowledge about what's going as you do hair on your head.