Twitter nonsense

Thespence

Just now, The Butcher said:

Tell that to Bruno, Isak and the likes. They will want CL football every season.

Not a chance they joined us at the time they did expecting champions league football every season.

This is basically an article covering Edwards back. If we only sign 2 and then loans he will say I told you so or if we actually go well above the apparent budget he will then say ah they were bluffing like I mentioned. All basis are covered. 

Edited by Toonjam88

Top 5 could be enough for CL next season, we should be targeting that. A regenerated Liverpool and Chelsea may be hard to resist but I'd be disappointed if Villa and Spurs finished above us, I know they are good teams and will also improve but so will we.

I doubt it's even a bluff, other clubs will be able to work out what we can spend, they'll have finance experts and most of it's public domain.

I would imagine it's just something easy to tell the local journalists, it tampers expectations and dampens the appetite for 'statement signings' every window.

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

We'll see if we finish 7th next season. 

What do you think about the whole Chelsea and Spurs squad? It’s not like they all want away because they’re not playing CL next season.

He's right in that this side doesnt have the depth to compete in both the PL and the CL like. There's no two ways about it. We were knackered last season without European football. We're going to have to pick and choose our games where the likes of Krafth (:anguish:) and Lascelles fill in. Injuries will take their toll too. Getting another midfielder was critical, we really need another right winger and a left back to make a decent go of it. Howe has a job on his hands. 

Was just looking through our squad and there's loads of shite. Manquillo, Hendrick, Fraser, Ritchie, Dummett, Krafth, Hayden all need gone and all will be on decent wages apart from Dummett. Fraser here for another two years and Hayden until 2026. Lumbered with them because there's no chance of them taking massive paycuts. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

3 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

What do you think about the whole Chelsea and Spurs squad? It’s not like they all want away because they’re not playing CL next season.

Let's wait and see. Bruno could easily double his wages at a regular CL club. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Also not sure where our alleged bids for Livramento sit with having no cash left.

I would say it is similar to Gordon in that a player we want is available before we expected, so we are moving to secure them now they are available.

A RB was likely earmarked for next summer but with Southampton being relegated it has given us the opening to go earlier on this one.

I wouldn’t see us not qualifying for CL as going backwards but our aim should be a second consecutive season of breaking up the sky big six.

If we don’t do that and all of them finish above us then I will see that as us going backwards, as we have failed to keep up.

Jamal Lewis, how did I forget him. Hasn't played for two years yet seemingly content to sit on his arse and collect wages.

Didn't he turn down loans despite not even being registered? Some commitment to not being the slightest bit arsed about his career going down the pan. 

Not entirely fair on Lewis. He's has had injury problems and he wanted to go out on loan last summer by all accounts but was kept around by Howe because of Targett's injury.

Pretty sure he has been repeatedly described as one of the best trainers at the club as well by other players (distinctly remember Maxi saying so in an interview).

Definitely needs a loan/transfer this summer though for everybody's sake.

Edited by ponsaelius

2 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Luke reckons fans are “dismayed” that we might only sign Tonali and Barnes 

Not surprised since most are expecting 4-5 signings with those two maybe being the two big buys of the summer. He's just being his usual WUM self by putting that shit narrative when there's no reason to think those will be the only two signings.