Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Wow some very extreme comments here. I don't think he was as turboshit as people are making out. lost the ball and passes went astray but he also got wide a few times well and put a good ball in for best. Yeah he wasn't very good but he just seems off the pace and off form at the mo. To try and make out he's absolute shit after two 45 min spells is kneejerk to say the least!

If Lovenkrands had squared that ball instead of blazing over, Ba would have been on the scoresheet...maybe.

Exactly what I said when he blazed that over.  Think the defender tracking would have stopped it getting to Ba though, not sure.  Either way, shit decision from Lover on his weaker foot!

he just needs time, and a different strike partner. playing alongside Shola or Best you're on a hiding to nothing really, neither of them have the ability/awareness to bring others into play effectively, look at the opportunity Shola had to play Ba in on goal against Arsenal for proof, nearly every other player in our team would've seen that pass. ironically Carrol's great at it, gets his head up straight away and looks for a pass when he receives it. Ben Arfa could help Ba a lot, with Ba looking to play on the shoulder a lot and Ben Arfa's through balls.

Wow some very extreme comments here. I don't think he was as turboshit as people are making out. lost the ball and passes went astray but he also got wide a few times well and put a good ball in for best. Yeah he wasn't very good but he just seems off the pace and off form at the mo. To try and make out he's absolute shit after two 45 min spells is kneejerk to say the least!

:thup:

Guest Chubby Jason

I reckon he will outscore Carroll this season, if he stays fit like. Once he gets one I think he'll go on a decent little run. Hopefully it starts on Sunday :thup: .

come on man...

I reckon he will outscore Carroll this season, if he stays fit like. Once he gets one I think he'll go on a decent little run. Hopefully it starts on Sunday :thup: .

come on man...

What? By all accounts Carroll has been poor at Liverpool. As the season goes on, and when Gerrard is back can see him playing behind Suarez like he did with Torres a few years ago, with Kuyt and Downing on the wings, with Lucas and probably Henderson in midfield. Then there is Meireles who always seems to score.

Edit: Forgot about Adam! Be him and Lucas probably in midfield.

love your optimism! but did you watch him vs arsenal and scunny?

Hope you're right :)

Guest schmuck

Why is he being played so deep? I know no-one here can answer that, but hopefully the question will bounce around the ether long enough it'll drop out and end up slapping Pardew across the face

love your optimism! but did you watch him vs arsenal and scunny?

Hope you're right :)

Only two games into the season mate. Scored goals all his career, will do it here as well. Probably not helping playing with the likes of Shola, Lovenkrands and Best like. Then again he played with Carlton Cole last year...

I'll go a quid with you.

Every goal Ba scores more than Carroll and I'll make it a quid a goal. You can give me a quid for every goal Carroll finishes ahead. (prem only)

I'll go a quid with you.

Every goal Ba scores more than Carroll and I'll make it a quid a goal. You can give me a quid for every goal Carroll finishes ahead.

Haha, nah your alright. My luck Demba's knee will fall off on Sunday and Carroll will score a hatrick every week until May.

I'm surprised by his lacklustre start, all be it a brief amount on the pitch. So far I've seen him good on the ball but sluggish, ala Best. But he has also looked scarily without pace like Ameobi and weaker than I'd expect. I'm putting it all down to lack of fitness and march sharpness etc. for now of course.

All I really saw of him at West Ham was popping up in the box with powerful shots from some awkward angles and amongst players. Looked like he could take advantage of tough positions to make his own and score from them. So I've built this picture up in my head of him being a fairly quick and a strong beast in the box. So the first impressions in a Toon shirt was a bit of an anti climax.

I think he will come good, but I do wonder what system is going to work for him. I know Waddle was saying he was on the left for West Ham when at his best, but I can't recall that really being true?

I'm surprised by his lacklustre start, all be it a brief amount on the pitch. So far I've seen him good on the ball but sluggish, ala Best. But he has also looked scarily without pace like Ameobi and weaker than I'd expect. I'm putting it all down to lack of fitness and march sharpness etc. for now of course.

All I really saw of him at West Ham was popping up in the box with powerful shots from some awkward angles and amongst players. Looked like he could take advantage of tough positions to make his own and score from them. So I've built this picture up in my head of him being a fairly quick and a strong beast in the box. So the first impressions in a Toon shirt was a bit of an anti climax.

I think he will come good, but I do wonder what system is going to work for him. I know Waddle was saying he was on the left for West Ham when at his best, but I can't recall that really being true?

I think the best system will be when we start passing the ball around and get crosses in from the byline or through balls from the centre. At the moment all he's had is an aerial bombardment from deep positions. Until I see him in a proper functional team it's hard to make any judgement for me.

I think the best system will be when we start passing the ball around and get crosses in from the byline or through balls from the centre. At the moment all he's had is an aerial bombardment from deep positions. Until I see him in a proper functional team it's hard to make any judgement for me.

:nods:

All that long ball last night is definitely not his kind of game.

Would never want to deny anyone from following their religion but it is frustrating none the less.

I would as it's all a load of bollocks...

Hi Blef.  :troll: