Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

We don't do buyout clauses I'm fairly sure. If there is, get him to sign a new contract and like Colo offer him all the money we have. (well obviously have to go halfsies with Colo). Agreed though someone stirring trouble

It did sound like s*** stirring rather than something convincing BUT its annoying these twats go on national radio and spout such stuff

Though I do think we need to consider a contract extension for Demba asap

From what we understood in the summer he's on a performance related sort of contract isn't he?

He's probably second only to Eto'o in terms of pay this season, Ashley will be kicking himself.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Some bloke on talksport saying he has a £7m buyout clause in his contract.

Why would he want to go anyway?

He loves it here.

Karen Brady said in the sun at the weekend he demanded a buy out clause in his west ham contract and she 'wondered if he demanded the same at newcastle'

Probably because WHU were up shit creek well before he arrived and didnt fancy a spell in the Championship.

Karen Brady said in the sun at the weekend he demanded a buy out clause in his west ham contract and she 'wondered if he demanded the same at newcastle'

She said that when he left to join us in the summer. It is very true he had a release clause at West Ham, to leave for free should they be relegated, and it was them who put it in there, they didn't have to, but they did, cocky cunts. We won't have such clause, Ashley is clued up, a ruthless businessman, something none of the Wham board have ever shown to be.

Ashley knows better than anyone that buy-out clauses are terrible for the selling club (if our transfers aren't free, you know we've found a clause), why on earth would we put one in anyones contract?

Probably been discussed but is there any chance that Demba won't even get a game in the Senegal team? I know it sounds ludicrous but they have Papiss Cisse, Moussa Sow and Niang (not sure how he's doing in Qatar).

Wishful thinking, I know.

Niall Hickman was on TalkSport last week saying we were desperately trying to do a deal for Chris Samba, so an accurate source of information, and the West Ham board don't even seem to know whether they had Ba or it was a loan deal.

I can't imagine we'd have a buy out clause in his contract. Chances are if he demanded one he'd have been telt to fuck off and we'd have resigned Kuqi :lol:

Guest Mantis

The journos cant bear us having a decent striker and love to try and unsettle them.  Amazed he hasn't been linked with Spurs yet

Probably been discussed but is there any chance that Demba won't even get a game in the Senegal team? I know it sounds ludicrous but they have Papiss Cisse, Moussa Sow and Niang (not sure how he's doing in Qatar).

Wishful thinking, I know.

They do indeed have a strike force that many national teams would be envious of but I'm sure that Traoré would love to pick a team which included one of the most in-form strikers in Europe.

What a guy, what a role model.

"Have you made a New Year's resoution?"

"No. I make my resolutions every day. Be nice to people and they will give it back."

Not verbatim, but why can everyone not be like that?  :smitten:

(Sigh)  :love: