Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Also Agents need to be banned and then set on fire..... he was subbed once and we have 3 games in 6 days ffs.

I don't see anyone getting on Ferguson's back when he benched Rooney or Mancini when he benched Silva.

Stay out of it ffs.

this- I dont know why pards didnt just come out and say- Bas too good to wear out playing in every game. so we are rotating, chopping and changing. hes not dropped, hes rested.

The thing that annoys is people say it like Ba was solely playing on the left for that period. That simply wasn't the case.

He and Cisse swapped roles many times during games, just Cisse took his chances whereas Ba didn't.

If Ba had scored regularly during that period that penalty at home to the mackems this wouldn't be the issue that it has become.

Its in his agents best interests that Ba's status stays high, nothing to surprising about his quotes. Bit ridic but wouldnt worry about it.

its also in his agents interest not to make him look like a problem to managers. tbh, may have done us a favour in terms of keeping him here. dodgy knee, agitating agent, other managers mare.

PS Sewelly I saw this on Redcafe:

Ba wasn't picked up because prior to arriving in England he was known as a train wreck both with injuries and attitude in Germany. It's fair enough taking a punt on a good lad like Owen, but with Ba he was just a nutcase.

You better rip this cunt a new arsehole :anguish:

The transfer talk won't stop any time soon. His contract is up in 2 years so they have to either get him to sign an extension or sell him off by the summer.

Wonder what his agent will make of that.  :shifty:

Shame the people around him seem to be such twats. If it carries on then we will end up having no choice but to replace him. Agree with Parky that we probably already tried to.

don't think the clubs was the ones hawking him around somehow.....

Don't like this shit at all tbh. It's one game FFS, if he was stuck on the bench for a couple of months then yeah I could see why he'd be upset but this is nonsense.

Would be naive to think that Demba isn't fully aware what his agent is going to be saying by the way, Ba's not going to come out and say these things himself but the pressure is being put on Pardew to start him every game now, and centrally too.

Think we'll move him on in summer tbh. It'll be a pity to lose him as he's got a lot of quality but his fitness issues combined with a seemingly rather self-centred approach will make it easier to bare IMO. If we could replace him with a more versatile player (namely one who can play both up top and out left, allowing us the freedom to switch between systems without having worry about upsetting one of our players) it might be for the best long term.

The bigger picture is what worries me. What happens if Pardew wants to leave him out again? Problems, that's what.

It players like this who Sir Alex would have shipped out at the first opportunity, not because he's talented but because nothing good can come from having attitudes like this in the squad.

I really like Demba Ba as a footballer, but I'm starting to think he's a bit of a cunt as a person. IF we can replace him, I'd get rid.

Shouldn't tolerate this sort of dissent. If he can't understand why he's asked to play on the left he doesn't know it's about the team not individual glory. If he carries on like this I'd be happy to ship him out and replace him. On the other hand if it doesn't affect his displays on the pitch it doesn't matter much, but can see Pardew being reluctant to play him out wide now.