Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418678_466906193367049_993260097_n.jpg

Probably direct quotes from :harry: as always.

says they'll offer him 90k a week and will include a clause saying he can go on the cheap if they go down and that dear old 'arry is keen to do "whatever it takes to sign him"

ie typical press linking redknapp with every tom dick and harry and convinced that any player in the world would walk over hot coals to join QPR under the leadership of such a legendary manager......god I hate the media

Here's the article, and as if by magic:

Not sure I'd dismiss are QPR so easily. Attraction of London goes a long way for foreign players, plus bigger wages, a good manager known for attacking football, some big name talents there already and the possibility of another lucrative release clause should they go down. And we're not exactly pissing on them so far this season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-qpr-want-demba-ba-1505056

Harry Redknapp will make the first move to trigger Demba Ba’s £7million escape clause when the transfer window reopens.

Queens Park Rangers boss Redknapp is keen to do whatever it takes to convince the Newcastle striker to move to Loftus Road.

Arsenal are also interested in the powerful 27-year-old hitman, who has scored 11 goals this season.

But the Mirror understands that QPR supremo Tony Fernandes is determined to deliver the Senegal marksman for Redknapp.

So keen, in fact, that he is prepared to build another clause into any deal allowing Ba to leave for a minimal fee if he joins QPR and they are subsequently relegated.

Ba, currently on £35,000-a-week plus £25k per appearance, had been seeking close to £90,000-a-week from Newcastle without success.

QPR, however, are ready to meet Ba’s demands as they think his goals will keep them up.

Wish I got paid for this.

The most predictable link ever. Think he'll slot right in with that pack of cunts tbh.

Despite that post above, I don't think he'd go there tbh. The link with QPR definitely won't go away though, you can guarantee that with wobbly face in charge. Not helpful to us.

The most predictable link ever. Think he'll slot right in with that pack of cunts tbh.

Despite that post above, I don't think he'd go there tbh. The link with QPR definitely won't go away though, you can guarantee that with wobbly face in charge. Not helpful to us.

I dunno man, I've really gone off Ba, (as you might be able to tell :lol:), and I believe his sole interest at the moment is money. I don't think he can take all the blame however, his entourage must shoulder the majority of that, but I believe his decisions will now be financially orientated, so a lucrative deal with get out clause would suit him just fine imo.

Sell him for £7m, buy him back in the Summer for nowt.

This shoestring transfer s*** is easy.

Get £40+million for Carroll and Ba then buy them back next summer for pennies.

http://i49.tinypic.com/ir5oxg.jpg

He'd be a mega signing for QPR. There aren't many players they could realistically attract who could keep them up but he's one of them.

Guest hatem garrincha

The Gunners have long been considered one of the favourites to sign the 27-year-old and following a series of discussions, the two parties have reached an agreement, according to Canal+.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/demba-ba-agrees-arsenal-move_60948.html

Anyone seen this?

Canal+ never said that.

Demba Ba was invited to RMC Sport this Tuesday, ahead of Newcastle's trip to Manchester United  on Boxing Day. The Senegalise striker cautiously responded to all the transfer speculation.

Demba, it's your second season at Newcastle. Are you used to playing during the holidays?

Well, it is pleasant. It's a period where people come in numbers to the stadium with their families and the atmosphere is really special. After such a period, we will have already gone through the first half of the season and we do get a little tired. But it's necessary that we draw on our resources and rest well between matches because they come by quickly.

You already have 18 matches under your belt. Is it too hard mentally knowing that there won't be a break until May?

When the season starts, you already know that it's going to last until May. You have, from August until December, to prepare yourself. But we are in a League where, especially at Newcastle, you get a lot of rest. With regards to the national team, they do leave us with 3 or 4 days rest during a week. Similarly, when we have our normal training programme, we do get a few days rest.

Tell us a bit about your preparation for Boxing Day.

It's strange. We fly out first thing in the morning, much like a match for a Saturday afternoon, but normally when we arrive at the hotel, there's always a lot of people. But when we arrive on Christmas Day, it's completely empty. There's no-one else but us. The following morning, we wake up, get ready and then go to the stadium. The streets are empty but once we arrive at the stadium, there's a huge number of people ready to support their team. They only go out for the match. There's no-one in town before the game.

What will be the objective against Manchester United?

In our current situation (in 14th), we've got nothing to lose. Everyone thinks that we are going to get a beating but it's down to us to show some character when we go there. It's true that we're not in best of positions. But we have nothing to lose. If we lose, it will be a normal result for most people. But if we win, it will be an achievement/feat - we will therefore go there and do all we can to get this to happen.

“Playing for a club which has the most ambition”

With your 11 goals, you are on Robin Van Persie's tail (12). Does this motivate you to finish ahead of him?

I don't actually compare myself to others. I try to give all that I can when I'm on the pitch, I don't have any targets for the season. I take it game by game. People consider me to be a striker/attacker and being a striker means scoring goals. Thus, when I return to the pitch, I try to do my job in the best possible wayi] that I can.

A job which you do rather well, since you have attracted the attention of the big boys of the PL. Are you ready to leave Newcastle?

No, not really. A lot of people speculate. There are a lot of things which circulate on the internet, in the newspapers, but me, I am here at Newcastle and as long as I'm here, I will give all there is to give to the club. And if the day comes when I have to leave, I would leave with my head held high because I will have given my all. There will be nothing to be ashamed of.

But it's not hard to imagine that the fact that you could be playing for titles could seduce you...

Of course, these are the clubs whose aims are to win trophies every year. Ever since I started playing football, I've not had the opportunity to claim that I'm playing for a club whose aim is to win the title every year. I aspire to play for a club with big ambitions and one which always tries to go towards the front. It's what happened when I went to Hoffenheim. Similarly, this has also happened at Newcastle. I am looking to finish my career in a team which has plans for the future but also one which challenges for titles.

There's a lot of talk about Arsenal, a francophone club, with a long term project/ambition...

Arsenal is a club which hasn't won a trophy in a long time. It's true to say that it is a club which does attract every footballer. But like I've said repeatedly: there are people who talk and speculate in the newspapers as at the moment, there's reall nothing going on between myself and Arsenal...

You're therefore saying that you're not ruling anything out...

That's it. What I mean is that I am, at the moment, with my club and the day when I have to leave is when I will assess the situation. If it's best for me to stay, then I'll stay. And if it's best for me to leave, then I will leave. It is probably best that I go somewhere where there's a lot of French players, because one will be able to adapt quickly. But, for the time being, that (the possibility of leaving) is not in my thinking.

You're originally from Sevres. We can't resist asking you this question: do you see yourself at PSG?

I see PSG as a fan, as a supporter. I have never hidden my attraction to this club for as long I've been a supporter and since I was little. At the moment, they are in the process of doing important things, that is, big plans/projects for the future. And of course, it would please me to play in the colours of a club I support. But like I've told you about Arsenal, it is something that is a long way off (from happening). For the time being, I am concentrating on what I'm doing for my club - to get Newcastle out of the struggles they're currently facing. But it's true that PSG is a club which is particular to me.

And to play with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, does that make you dream?

I can tell you that if there comes a day when I'm playing with Zlatan, scoring goals will become a lot easier!

Thanks for the translation.

Don't really know what to make of those quotes really. On the one hand, you believe him when he says he doesn't want to go... but it's not that convincing. My hunch is that he'll leave in the summer.

Not much to turn into a negative from that interview so the page count probably won't go up too much.

I'll chip in with the 'sooner our only real goalscorer this season goes the better' sentiment though. Goals are overrated iyam.

I think Demba will go this window. He seems very ambitious and in his eyes it's probably the right time to move. QPR's inevitable (and pointless) bid is likely to spur other bigger clubs' interest, so there will be offers this time.

I like him a lot as a player and a leader. I've often disagreed with people saying he should play deeper, imo he's a bit limited in his overall play but he's a lethal poacher. If I had the choice I'd keep Ba instead of Cisse every time. His physique, determination and composure make him a better goalscorer. But still, I wouldn't offer him more than what Colo is on. Ba just doesn't offer that much to the team, while Colo's usual assurance improves the play of the whole team.

I just hope his replacement / Cisse finds his feet quickly once Ba goes. Considering our attacking 'style', there's no chance that the goals will spread among the midfield so there will be a lot of expectation on our forwards to compensate the many goals that Ba scored for us.