Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Can't wait to see what "moving Demba on" will involve. Pardew's been begging teams to buy him for at least a year (including those quotes). Maybe try selling him at the club shop?

Get rid of release clause or get out: Alan Pardew issues Demba Ba with warning

Less than surprising that his comments have been turned into this. Maybe that's the intention...

Can't wait to see what "moving Demba on" will involve. Pardew's been begging teams to buy him for at least a year (including those quotes). Maybe try selling him at the club shop?

Get rid of release clause or get out: Alan Pardew issues Demba Ba with warning

Less than surprising that his comments have been turned into this. Maybe that's the intention...

If thats what he means and I think so - fucking good job- needs sorting this window either way.

everyone in football will already know about the clause, i doubt it was news to anyone in the game when redknapp first broadcast it and you'd think if he wanted to move him out he'd just bench him.

i don't buy this idea of pardew saying things to the press to try and get rid of players when it's so much easier to do it through agents or whatever. more likely pardew keeps referring to it to make sure he doesn't get the blame like when carroll left.

Agreed, that and the fact he is probably asked about every week.

The Carroll thing has definitely scarred him.

everyone in football will already know about the clause, i doubt it was news to anyone in the game when redknapp first broadcast it and you'd think if he wanted to move him out he'd just bench him.

i don't buy this idea of pardew saying things to the press to try and get rid of players when it's so much easier to do it through agents or whatever. more likely pardew keeps referring to it to make sure he doesn't get the blame like when carroll left.

I can't remember any other club ever mentioning a very important players very low release clause as much as we have. Add it to the Tiote "we can't reject decent bids" stuff and it's a very worrying trend.

"If we were to get an offer for Atam we'd have to consider it because we're not in the top 4....pls bid"

Does anyone honestly believe football clubs get their info from the press? :lol:

Maybe Pardew should stick him up on eBay.

Regardless, it does us far more damage than just not saying anything would. I personally wouldn't be constantly touting around my top scorer in public even if his agents are doing it privately.

Funny that they didn't expect him to increase his value to £7m when he signed on the free.

hows that ?

I mean, that's the only way I can rationalize such a "low" release clause...I doubt they expected him to ever perform to a level high enough to possibly activate it.

If he stopped talking about it so frequently then maybe they'd stop asking him about it so frequently. Just a thought.

It's a bit chicken and the egg though, the press won't give up trying to shift him either.

If he was desperately trying to sell players I doubt he would go for someone with such a low clause. I know he has talked on the odd occasion about losing Cabaye/Tiote etc.. but nothing like he does with Ba and either of those likely to bring in a lot more.

It was widely believed Demba Ba's buy-out clause expired at the end of July, but, as he prepared for Thursday night's Europa League tie against Maritimo, in Madeira, Pardew revealed that it kicks in again in the New Year.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/may2012/4/6/featured-alan-pardew-126261755.jpg

We're fucked if he goes. Don't trust that he'll be replaced at all. We'll be left with Shola and Cisse to fire us to safety.

Yup, it was no coincidence that the ball stopped sticking up field so much when he went off y'day. I thought he was tremendous, led the line brilliantly.

Guest malandro

If he stopped talking about it so frequently then maybe they'd stop asking him about it so frequently. Just a thought.

Wenger was asked about Walcott at a press conference a few days back. Gave three one word answers to three consecutive questions on the subject by a hack who then threw in the towel.

Pardew views every question as an opportunity to show off how sophisticated/clever/hard he thinks he is.

Wenger was asked about Walcott at a press conference a few days back. Gave three one word answers to three consecutive questions on the subject by a hack who then threw in the towel.

Pardew views every question as an opportunity to show off how sophisticated/clever/hard he thinks he is.

:lol:

Funny that they didn't expect him to increase his value to £7m when he signed on the free.

hows that ?

I mean, that's the only way I can rationalize such a "low" release clause...I doubt they expected him to ever perform to a level high enough to possibly activate it.

i'd guess it was probably put in by the players side and we agreed viewing it as better to have him with that clause (bearing in mind he was a free transfer) than not having him at all.

I like it. Club shop Ba. He hangs around the kits and takes a huge cut with each sale. :lol:

It was widely believed Demba Ba's buy-out clause expired at the end of July, but, as he prepared for Thursday night's Europa League tie against Maritimo, in Madeira, Pardew revealed that it kicks in again in the New Year.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/may2012/4/6/featured-alan-pardew-126261755.jpg

:lol: