Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Ba isn't even close to being one of my favourite NUFC players, but some/most of the stick he gets is undeserved to say at least. As long as he works hard and is a Newcastle player i will support him. That said i do like Cisse more and rate him higher as a player.

A selfish striker who would have thought it.. all this clause crap is making people pissed off with him but all I see when he plays is a team player getting on with his job, no idea what he is like around the squad off the pitch but non of us know that.

A selfish striker who would have thought it.. all this clause crap is making people pissed off with him but all I see when he plays is a team player getting on with his job, no idea what he is like around the squad off the pitch but non of us know that.

:thup:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

AP also wants Ba issue cleared up if he doesn't go in Jan to avoid clause issues:"Either he stays next summer or we will move him on"

Should have been sorted before now, TBH

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

AP also wants Ba issue cleared up if he doesn't go in Jan to avoid clause issues:"Either he stays next summer or we will move him on"

Is that not stating the obvious? Either he stays or he goes?

So basically, if he stays beyond January we will offer him a new contract removing the clauses etc. If he doesn't sign it, we will look to sell him in the summer.

No surprise really, if he's only got a year left by that point. Ashley won't let him leave for nothing when there's the chance of bringing in a few million.

Was thinking about this the other day,  no-one is likely to know but for discussions sake..

The clause is apparently £7m (or £7.5m depending who you read) but if someone activates the clause he gets £3.5m.

What if someone doesn't activate the clause and we just sell for £5m?

Guest bimpy474

So basically, if he stays beyond January we will offer him a new contract removing the clauses etc. If he doesn't sign it, we will look to sell him in the summer.

No surprise really, if he's only got a year left by that point. Ashley won't let him leave for nothing when there's the chance of bringing in a few million.

While i loath to stick up for Ashley, selling a player before his contract runs out is a thing nearly 100% of chairman/managers/owners would look to do.

Was thinking about this the other day,  no-one is likely to know but for discussions sake..

The clause is apparently £7m (or £7.5m depending who you read) but if someone activates the clause he gets £3.5m.

He'd try to make it up as part of the deal with the buying club or just refuse to talk to them I'd imagine. 

I thought he had been offered a new deal without the clause, in the summer and now

While i loath the stick up for Ashley, selling a player before his contract runs out is a thing nearly 100% of chairman/managers/owners would look to do.

Of course.

He'd still want that £3.5m, probably in bigger wages or a massive signing on fee. Wouldnt be best for the buying club.

"Really and truly this window is the key, I think, because if Demba goes in this window, it will cause us a problem.

"I think he will stay, but there's a possibility he could go because of the clause that's still in force.

"In the summer, I won't let it run until the summer. I'll do something about it.

"We will either move Demba on or we will secure him in the summer."

"Really and truly this window is the key, I think, because if Demba goes in this window, it will cause us a problem.

"I think he will stay, but there's a possibility he could go because of the clause that's still in force.

"In the summer, I won't let it run until the summer. I'll do something about it.

"We will either move Demba on or we will secure him in the summer."

january it is then.

Can't wait to see what "moving Demba on" will involve. Pardew's been begging teams to buy him for at least a year (including those quotes). Maybe try selling him at the club shop?

everyone in football will already know about the clause, i doubt it was news to anyone in the game when redknapp first broadcast it and you'd think if he wanted to move him out he'd just bench him.

i don't buy this idea of pardew saying things to the press to try and get rid of players when it's so much easier to do it through agents or whatever. more likely pardew keeps referring to it to make sure he doesn't get the blame like when carroll left.