Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

We really can't afford to let this hang over us when we've got a massive set of fixtures coming up. I'm surprised this has taken the turn it has but it won't be the end of it.

The club has zero say in what he does though. Ba could well let the situation rumble on waiting for clubs to meet his terms but ultimately the club has no say. Ba will either find a club to give him what he wants or he won't.

I know there's nothing we can do about it, it was just an observation that we really have too many important fixtures coming up, so I hope it gets sorted quickly!

We really can't afford to let this hang over us when we've got a massive set of fixtures coming up. I'm surprised this has taken the turn it has but it won't be the end of it.

The club has zero say in what he does though. Ba could well let the situation rumble on waiting for clubs to meet his terms but ultimately the club has no say. Ba will either find a club to give him what he wants or he won't.

I know there's nothing we can do about it, it was just an observation that we really have too many important fixtures coming up, so I hope it gets sorted quickly!

Aye, you're not wrong. Some winnable games coming up so we can't really afford to cut our nose to spite our face too much but the club needs to bring in a striker this window, that's something we can do and are in control of. :thup:

Yes he may have turned down their offer, but I don't see why he shouldn't play on Weds. He's our top scorer, and the only one who looks like scoring for us at the minute. Might as well use him until he goes, which I think he will before the end of Jan! (Puts tin hat on....)

Think the Knee thing is total bullocks tbh he's been fine since he came to England and only had one 1 season in Germany where he missed a decent amount of time....

Otherwise he had 80 league appearances in 2 and a half seasons there and he's had 66 appearances in 2 years over here.

Doesn't seem that bad to me  :hmm:

think the knee is something that could be fine or just go at a moments notice isn't it?  that's how i understand it anyway as opposed to something that will both him and see him have niggling injuries

it'll either not bother him at all, or he'll be a raspberry ripple

Guest tollemache

this leaves arsenal and liverpool, of bigger clubs who might take a serious look at him then. arsenal I don't think works because they can play giroud, walcott or podolski in that position, while I'm not sure he's exactly brendan rodgers' cup of tea

Yep, and all of that is based on simply what Stoke City have thought. Not exactly the greatest of sources to trust since they've got Owen on their books. ;D

must be some truth to it man, a striker like ba available for a 7.5m fee in the summer and no-one came calling, not even the likes of spurs for example, must be something to it

Now we all know he doesn't want to be here and it's a shame we won't bring in another striker before he goes. As if he isn't committed to the cause imagine how much it would hurt him and his entourage in the pocket if we didn't play him so he wasn't getting his appearance and goal bonuses.

Yep, and all of that is based on simply what Stoke City have thought. Not exactly the greatest of sources to trust since they've got Owen on their books. ;D

he also failed a medical to go to stuttgart when at hoffenheim for the same thing.

as i understand it it's not so much an injury, more that if he picks up an in jury to his knee(s) that would normally be an op and a month or two for other players it would put him out the game for good.

must be some truth to it man, a striker like ba available for a 7.5m fee in the summer and no-one came calling, not even the likes of spurs for example, must be something to it

wages demands? :lol:

Now we all know he doesn't want to be here and it's a shame we won't bring in another striker before he goes. As if he isn't committed to the cause imagine how much it would hurt him and his entourage in the pocket if we didn't play him so he wasn't getting his appearance and goal bonuses.

He seems to be committed enough on the pitch.

wages demands? :lol:

yet spurs signed adebayor from man city...of course there's wage demands too but there has to be something in the knee for me, at 7.5m and big wages he's still a decent buy for a team wanting to push on, guaranteed 15-20 goal strikers aren't that easy to come by