Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Remy is #1 target for #nufc. Been told he wants to come; presence of Debuchy increases chances of deal. Takes on increased urgency now.

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

http://fatalfacts.com/uploads/gallery/album_21/gallery_2_21_153165.png

No need to worry everyone:

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho

Nigeria have confirmed they've omitted Shola Ameobi from their Africa Cup of Nations squad after he "refused to answer calls" #NUFC

2:34 PM - 2 Jan 13

He'll be like a new signing.

I wish he'd answered his phone mind.

No loyalty to the club who took a risk on him. Thanks BA, tonight is Cisse's night to get back on form and show Ba we don't need him.

If he wasn't free we wouldn't have signed him in the first place.

He wasn't really free though but your right we took the cheapest option and now we are paying the price.. sticks in my throat though that we pay him £2m loyalty bonus.

I'm even more pissed off with Pardew over this pandering to Ba then I ever have been. It was never sustainable to try and keep him here by promising him his favourite position, and now he's wasted half a season trying to pull it off, just totally wrong.

Got a horrible feeling we won't get a replacement, or perhaps we'll get someone underwhelming at the last minute.  Can even see a Kuqi like panic signing for free if we fail to land anyone.

We're dangerously close to Shola starting games on a regular basis......

It will be disappointed to see him go, but nothing we can do with a release clause. Pleased that it is likely to be over early in the window if he doesn't fail the medical. A while ago there was some talk of Guillaume Hoarau from PSG and it looks like he might be leaving very soon according to Ancelotti (although linked to Everton).

I'm even more pissed off with Pardew over this pandering to Ba then I ever have been. It was never sustainable to try and keep him here by promising him his favourite position, and now he's wasted half a season trying to pull it off, just totally wrong.

No, it wasn't totally wrong. 1st, he scored the goals while Cisse was (playing out of position or not) out of form at least at the start of the season.

2nd, the chance of Ba staying was always higher when he was happy. 1+1=2.

Bye Demba. Thanks for all the goals and one of my favorite songs ever.

I won't miss you falling down with your back to goal every time you try to turn, nor your inability to play with Papiss. Or you looking completely spent after 55 minutes.

Will be interesting to see how he does at Chelsea. Maybe it'll be Carroll 2.0.

I think he'll do really well for them, unfortunately. I said the same about Carroll mind, but Chelsea are miles better than Liverpool are/were.

I'm even more p*ssed off with Pardew over this pandering to Ba then I ever have been. It was never sustainable to try and keep him here by promising him his favourite position, and now he's wasted half a season trying to pull it off, just totally wrong.

I agree. Since it was inevitable should have stuck with Cisse as CF.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't really blame him, tbh. We don't have a leg to stand on with any of this. Even if he did just want more money, you can't even say that he hadn't earned the going rate. As it happens, he's going to get more money, playing for a team that are the European Champions and will be challenging for the league in the foreseeable future.

I'm even more p*ssed off with Pardew over this pandering to Ba then I ever have been. It was never sustainable to try and keep him here by promising him his favourite position, and now he's wasted half a season trying to pull it off, just totally wrong.

:thup:

No, it wasn't totally wrong. 1st, he scored the goals while Cisse was (playing out of position or not) out of form at least at the start of the season.

You can never prove that Cisse's form would have dropped off as much if he'd been played as the middle striker of 3. Ba scored the goals, the team is 2 points above the drop zone.

He scored plenty of goals but the team malfunctioned, which is why we're in this mess.  Not blaming Ba, but the team doesn't work the way Pardew set it up this season and IF he did that to keep Ba happy then it was a poor decision IMO.

I agree. Since it was inevitable should have stuck with Cisse as CF.

Indeed, still not sure why he would let him "boss" his tactical choices, or well I fucking hope he did unless Pardew is more of a bonehead then I have realised.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Remy is #1 target for #nufc. Been told he wants to come; presence of Debuchy increases chances of deal. Takes on increased urgency now.

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

http://fatalfacts.com/uploads/gallery/album_21/gallery_2_21_153165.png

:lol:

Will be interesting to see how he does at Chelsea. Maybe it'll be Carroll 2.0.

I think he'll do really well for them, unfortunately. I said the same about Carroll mind, but Chelsea are miles better than Liverpool are/were.

Unless his knee gives out he can only do well really, but I can't see him being a regular starter for them.  Not because he isn't good enough, but because Benitez loves Torres.