Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest VaVaVoom

Of course, Harry will mention it on Sky Sports and Kenny Dalglish will fax in a bid immediately which will cost us 7M quid to refuse.

I did say it was just a guess, you are free to come up with a more logical one.

More logical? No disrespect but there is fuck all logic in what you've suggested....None like AT ALL.

So ANYBODY can buy out his contract EXCEPT us?  :hmm:

They're not buying out his contract though. A £7m release clause means that if a rival club bids £7m to us (note: not to the player himself), we're obligated to accept it and allow the bidding club to discuss terms with the player...

They're not buying out his contract though. A £7m release clause means that if a rival club bids £7m to us (note: not to the player himself), we're obligated to accept it and allow the bidding club to discuss terms with the player...

Or they are just allowed to begin discussing personal terms, a la Neil Taylor... 

We don't know what the clause is in any detail or how much is needed to trigger it.  It would be best at this stage if Pardew was to come out and say something along these lines, "Yes, there is a clause in Demba's contract, but we are not concerned by it.  Demba will be a Newcastle player come February".  Simple.  Even if it turns to be a lie it muddies the water enough.

Or they are just allowed to begin discussing personal terms, a la Neil Taylor... 

We don't know what the clause is in any detail or how much is needed to trigger it.  It would be best at this stage if Pardew was to come out and say something along these lines, "Yes, there is a clause in Demba's contract, but we are not concerned by it.  Demba will be a Newcastle player come February".  Simple.  Even if it turns to be a lie it muddies the water enough.

Reading the FA rules regarding this posted a few pages ago it seems the club aren't allowed to reveal any details unless they have the written consent of the player though.

Why the fuck would we agree to a contract like this in the first place? Doesn't sound like something Llambias and the fat bastard would do.

Reading the FA rules regarding this posted a few pages ago it seems the club aren't allowed to reveal any details unless they have the written consent of the player though.

We wouldn't reveal anything, would we?

Guest johnson293

I can't see Ashley putting a release clause that low in his contract like.

Sub £7m release clause my ass :lol:

Thats it like - the current owner has proven he's all about the profit that can be made on players (and I bet even on a 'free' transfer with potentially dodgy knees), so hopefully this is just shit-stirring by the saggy faced cockney kernt and West Ham.

The silence from the club (NUFC) on this is deafening though.

I am sure there would have loads of bids for him with clubs willing to activate the get out clause but seeing as there is a good chance that can only happen if we are relegated I am not going to worry about it.

Guest johnson293

I am sure there would have loads of bids for him with clubs willing to activate the get out clause but seeing as there is a good chance that can only happen if we are relegated I am not going to worry about it.

That would make more sense, to have quite a low figure as a relegation clause, as the player would want out, but we'd want something back for him (what West ham should have done).

If a clause does exist for good performances, then it would surely be a lot higher than £5-7m?

The general consensus on a Spurs forum is all the PL clubs knew about the clause been told by his agent (Mulders Advocaten who have no other players in the PL) and they have been trying to bump up Ba's salary package.  Can't blame them for trying to get the best they can for their client. 

I hate Harry always shooting his mouth off about other club's players, we didn't like it when Chelsea were after Modric, but this seems to be more about telling the agents we all know the situation.

Struggling to see what saggy gets out of this. It's not that he can unsettle the player to get him cheaper, as soon as the offer triggers the clause ba's reps would know( though it wouldn't surprise if it was a relegation reliant clause ) and I doubt he was the only person to know about the clause (if so he's alerted his competition to it).

Gave the man pay rise... i do feel with a striker that has his performance.... plus he come to us on free & has only 40k/week as rumor or we pay based on performance only.... we are too cheap skate. :lol: If he is gone its ourselves to blame...

If the clause relates solely to relegation then I don't know why we wouldn't come out and confirm it in some way, to stop all these rumours. It's not like we're going to go down, and it would be no surprise to anyone that contingencies will be in place; particularly for a player that's had one before.

Why the f*** would we agree to a contract like this in the first place? Doesn't sound like something Llambias and the fat b****** would do.

Read the first few pages of this thread, they're pretty funny, some on here wanted to pay him a few bags of peanuts to be squad cover but only when he played :-)

Fortunately people in the game rated him very highly and so he will be on good money especially considering the "free" transfer. His contract, like almost every PL player's, will be very complex with quite a few varying clauses included by both parties.

If the clause relates solely to relegation then I don't know why we wouldn't come out and confirm it in some way, to stop all these rumours. It's not like we're going to go down, and it would be no surprise to anyone that contingencies will be in place; particularly for a player that's had one before.

If that is the case then there's nothing to worry about. If not however then all we can hope is Demba is happy with life here and wants to see how far he can take us.

This also depends on the owners current ambition, so signing a striker to compliment him should be top of the priority list.

However I feel Ashley will see this as an ideal situation for a bidding war between clubs and see how much he can get for a free transfer. Wouldn't be surprised if he put Redknapp upto this in the first place.

West Ham lose demba to us is their own fault when he play for them they just pay as u play with relegation clause... after they get relegated they offer 55k/week plus signing on fee 500k he refuse he want premier league with lesser salary by joining us. So their fault for being cheap skate at first place. Now i wonder if we do the same with demba? i dont surprise also if demba ask & has release clause... basically he join us & willing to have lesser wages.

Do the club need to come and dispel every rumour or twitch that Harry Redknapp has?

f*** that.

I think the club are acting properly and would be disappointed if the lowered themselves to the level of the rumour mongers and crappy journalists who print hearsay, thereby dignifying the rubbish.

A contract of employment has nothing to do with anyone other than the employee himself and his employers.

However if it's proven that Redknapp or anyone else is intentionally stirring then the club should come down on them like a ton of shit.

Strange one this and obviously a fair bit of truth in the rumour.

What I struggle with is what Redknapp seeks to gain from the slip. For £7m, there would be better teams available to Ba than Spurs.

The club don't really have the option of maintaining the status quo and will have to either offer him an improved deal (a la Tiote) or resign themselves to his departure in this window or the next.

The more I think about it the clearer it becomes that model for the club could potentially be about maintaining premiership football whilst making a profit on player sales through a very effective scouting network. Carroll deal, Tiote would fetch a huge profit and even Ba at £7m would be a very healthy profit if there was some belief that a player could be bought with a view to improving him and doing the same - selling at a profit, this may be a goer.

So, in my mind, this may be less about Ba and his clause and more about whether the club feel they can re-invest some of the fee and find another profit maker over the summer, given we are now safe this season.