Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

In short -

* Second most prolific striker in the league.

* Can score all sorts of goals, including a mean dead ball and calm as you like on penalties.

* Other than goals works hard and is useful all over the pitch.

* At 26 years old is still young.

* Despite having knee problems has managed around 30 games a season resulting in 15 goals a season average.

* Available for £5m

Why would clubs not have bid as soon as they could? Why let his go off to the ACN where negotiations would then be difficult? Why let other clubs steal a march on you? Why is Redknapp talking but not acting when his best forward is on loan with no realistic chance of signing permanently?

I just don't buy it at all  :undecided:

This is the main question for me here. If Ba's available for less than 7m, why would Redknapp leak the info to the media so that everyone else could then compete for the signature?

Makes no sense atall unless hes either a complete moron or not actually interested in signing Ba. Either that or he thinks just registering known interest will turn Ba's head somehow, he doesnt need to do that publicly though. Its also obvious potentially bigger clubs than Tottenham would become interested now hes done that.

Doesnt add up.

Just doesn't add up at all, if it's a straight minimum release clause of less than 7million then Ba would have been talking to practically every club in the PL on Jan 1st. Sounding more like it's a condition based clause, either relegation or performance related. Damn 5million or whatever Redknapp reckons it is is chicken feed for almost everyone in the PL.

In short -

* Second most prolific striker in the league.

* Can score all sorts of goals, including a mean dead ball and calm as you like on penalties.

* Other than goals works hard and is useful all over the pitch.

* At 26 years old is still young.

* Despite having knee problems has managed around 30 games a season resulting in 15 goals a season average.

* Available for £5m

Why would clubs not have bid as soon as they could? Why let his go off to the ACN where negotiations would then be difficult? Why let other clubs steal a march on you? Why is Redknapp talking but not acting when his best forward is on loan with no realistic chance of signing permanently?

I just don't buy it at all  :undecided:

This is the main question for me here. If Ba's available for less than 7m, why would Redknapp leak the info to the media so that everyone else could then compete for the signature?

Makes no sense atall unless hes either a complete moron or not actually interested in signing Ba. Either that or he thinks just registering known interest will turn Ba's head somehow, he doesnt need to do that publicly though. Its also obvious potentially bigger clubs than Tottenham would become interested now hes done that.

Doesnt add up.

Agreed. It does rather suggest that he simply can't keep his mouth shut and will try to answer any question posed to him.

Still not 100% convinced this clause actually exists, this has all came from those comments from Karen Brady and under PL rules NUFC are not allowed to discuss the contents of his contract.

but redknapp is?

My thoughts exactly, not sure jail is good enough for this man tbh..... should be tortured to the inch of death for the next 5 years imo.

I am sure Ba does love it here, he even said that in the quote about joining PSG in a fashion, where he said he wanted to continue playing good games for Newcastle. I think this is a case of he's clearly worth a lot more than he's currently getting paid in today's market and his agent is trying to get him a better deal. We should give him it too. I know he just signed a contract but he's earned it in the same way Tiote did. I hope Llambias and Ashley don't think they'd rather have £5m than re-negotiate a new contract.

There are suggestions that if Ba were to leave for £7 million his contract stipulates that he would receive a large proportion of that fee — thought to be around £2.5 million — leaving Newcastle with £4.5 million for the player who signed on a free transfer but who has been this season’s Premier League sensation, scoring 15 goals.

Cool.

Guest neesy111

There are suggestions that if Ba were to leave for £7 million his contract stipulates that he would receive a large proportion of that fee — thought to be around £2.5 million — leaving Newcastle with £4.5 million for the player who signed on a free transfer but who has been this season’s Premier League sensation, scoring 15 goals.

Cool.

Now that sounds very very unlike Ashley. 

Guest VaVaVoom

I am sure Ba does love it here, he even said that in the quote about joining PSG in a fashion, where he said he wanted to continue playing good games for Newcastle. I think this is a case of he's clearly worth a lot more than he's currently getting paid in today's market and his agent is trying to get him a better deal. We should give him it too. I know he just signed a contract but he's earned it in the same way Tiote did. I hope Llambias and Ashley don't think they'd rather have £5m than re-negotiate a new contract.

Spot on.

Cool.

Ba and Enrique gone for £9.5m :lol: Makes up for the Carroll money we never will see.