Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Why would anyone wait till the last day of the clause to activate it? If it hasn't happened already i really doubt its going to, or even exists on a timescale scenario. Ba's agents will have either been trying to flog him all summer and if they have had no bites, Ba is happy to stay or Ba has a release clause no one quite knows what it is so no one has met it.

The other alternative is that LFC are waiting for it to expire before offering a swap with Carroll. Its a bit far-fetched but they cannot meet it (supposedly) by not being a CL club and this way Ba's value isn't limited and an exchange player for player looks a better deal for them. They can say Ba would have cost £15m to us, so getting a player like that for Carroll is a good deal for the club.

It's a big 7 hours for our season. If nothing happens with Ba tonight and Debuchy does come to Tyneside tomorrow, it'll give us a big boost.

If MD signs and DB stays, it'll be a great 24 hours.

Plus our Avatar photos look class together  :love:

If it hasn't happened already i really doubt its going to

Aye. Surely we'd have heard something if it was going to happen in under 7 hours.

Imagine trying to contact us, then us contact the players agent, who then contacts the player, who then all book flights to where ever, then the buying club book the medical, then after at least a 2hr medical, and it needs to be extensive after he's failed one due to his knee, then sitting down and bashing out terms. Ba's agents knowing they've got 2hrs on the clock will start off at £200k a week. Then once the deal is agree it having to be sent back to us to ok it and knowing us we'll be out of office come 5pm and rightly so since were apparently trying to hang on to a player past his release clause.

Na, its just not going to happen, its over if it expires today.

The end of this clause won't be the end of the tedious speculation.

Half the Journo's wont even know that the clause ends tonight. There'll be loads of articles claiming x club will spark Ba's release clause before the end of the window, I reckon.

There's no way he's going anywhere if he doesn't today.  Journo's keep hinting that the outcome of today has an impact on our other signings too.  I guess that replacing him would cost more than the 3.5m we'd get for him and that would have to come from our finite transfer budget.  In other words him staying would be huge and a pre-cursor to other moves.  Can't wait

After Droopy faced cunt told the world he could be bought for £7m I thought for sure he would be gone, I am so shocked here we are hours to go and he is still here.

Sure though Pardew said something about thee fee going upto £15m after the £7m deadline. Not that it matters mind, if he wasn't wanted @ £7m no fkers going to  pay £15m

Harry Redknapp has just submitted a bid.

Demba Ba will now meet with Harry Redknapp to agree terms with Harry Redknapp

But what about the insurance?

Who told "us" about this clause expiring on the 1st of august? Great news, if true.

Pardew in one of those radio phone-ins, wasn't it?

Ahh, alright. Has to be some truth in it then at least :)