Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest malandro

Scott Wilson @Scottwilsonecho

Debuchy deal will mean the end of Simpson's time at #NUFC with Fulham leading the chase. On Saturday's evidence, maybe that's just as well. It'll be one in, one out up front if Ba leaves, and I also expect #NUFC to sign a centre-half next month. Then that might be that.

Delighted with that tbh, i can't really complain if all that happens.

You don't even know who might be coming in, it could be Kevin Phillips and Sol Campbell based on that tweet.

Debuchy deal will mean the end of Simpson's time at #NUFC with Fulham leading the chase. On Saturday's evidence, maybe that's just as well. It'll be one in, one out up front if Ba leaves, and I also expect #NUFC to sign a centre-half next month. Then that might be that.

Will be delighted with that but obviously we need more.

Delighted? We'd be a Cisse knock away from relegation contenders.

I think we'd have strengthened our squad significantly.

Surprised that Demba Ba isn't receiving a bit more criticism here. (And criticism is what it should be. He's not deserving of some daft abuse.)

Why exactly is he leaving? He's playing in his favoured position and is scoring goals. Alright, maybe we're not preforming well as a team, but so what? He's part of  that team.

People mentioning that he was a free transfer and therefore we should be grateful for what he did for us (agree with that part), but let's just remember that it was Ba on the phone who was pleading with Pardew to sign him-up for NUFC. The favour is mutual, imo.

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with shit but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

Oh, let's just bow down every time that a bigger clubs tries to pinch our players then. :lol:

Why does he have to to leave? You can't bring-up that excuse that you've just mentioned because Ba was linked with moves away for nearly a year now. Are you telling me that 6 months into his NUFC career he suddenly decided that he actually wants to move to bigger things? (Even though we were doing well in the league at the time)

Nope, it's nothing to do with that. There's a clause there and him, and his agents, know that this is a great opportunity to make big money for themselves.

I'd seriously question your judgement if you can't see that money the biggest issue here.

Obviously he will get more money but he is going to a club who will challenge for stuff, you're questioning my judgement because you can't understand why a player would leave to join a club who are likely to win things? ???

No. I'm questioning your judgement because you seem to be naive to the extreme in not believing that money is a major motivating factor for Ba to leave. And when I say "leave", the size of the club he's leaving for is not the issue here. We all know that talks of Ba leaving started surfacing nearly a year ago now and therefore I don't accept that Ba, 6 months into his first NUFC season, suddenly decided that he wanted to better himself. Especially after we know that he was desperate to come here in the first place.

Anyway, I'm wondering why Shay Given is still receiving abuse and insults on here? (Don't agree with it, btw) He left us in similar circumstances to this one and signed for an equally ambitious club.

Given refused to play for us and forced his move, Ba played yesterday scoring 2 goals.

Quite a big difference iyam.

Depends how good the replacement we'll be bringing in for Ba (according to that) is.

Delighted with that tbh, i can't really complain if all that happens.

You don't even know who might be coming in, it could be Kevin Phillips and Sol Campbell based on that tweet.

Exactly, even if it is Remy he has rarely been playing, has been off form when he has, injured and low in confidence.

He obviously has some pedigree but we are hanging around the relegation zone and have a few months to change it which isn't the time you want to be relying on two out of form forwards to get you back up the table.

Obviously i'm assuming the players we get are actually good enough ofcourse if they are trash then we could buy 11 players and it wouldn't help much :lol:

And based on our recent track record with buying players i'd say im right to be confident the players we bring in will be good enough.

I think we'd have strengthened our squad significantly.

Hardly. We would have improved at right back, and hopefully centre back, but we'd still be lacking in numbers. We've got a tiny squad as it is, and you'd be delighted to only improve it by one number. For me, we need two strikers now Ba has left. We needed one with him here anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I would be surprised in good way if what Scott Wilson says is true, only because my expectations are so low and the club do everything to drain hope away from us.

Surprised that Demba Ba isn't receiving a bit more criticism here. (And criticism is what it should be. He's not deserving of some daft abuse.)

Why exactly is he leaving? He's playing in his favoured position and is scoring goals. Alright, maybe we're not preforming well as a team, but so what? He's part of  that team.

People mentioning that he was a free transfer and therefore we should be grateful for what he did for us (agree with that part), but let's just remember that it was Ba on the phone who was pleading with Pardew to sign him-up for NUFC. The favour is mutual, imo.

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with shit but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

Oh, let's just bow down every time that a bigger clubs tries to pinch our players then. :lol:

Why does he have to to leave? You can't bring-up that excuse that you've just mentioned because Ba was linked with moves away for nearly a year now. Are you telling me that 6 months into his NUFC career he suddenly decided that he actually wants to move to bigger things? (Even though we were doing well in the league at the time)

Nope, it's nothing to do with that. There's a clause there and him, and his agents, know that this is a great opportunity to make big money for themselves.

I'd seriously question your judgement if you can't see that money the biggest issue here.

Obviously he will get more money but he is going to a club who will challenge for stuff, you're questioning my judgement because you can't understand why a player would leave to join a club who are likely to win things? ???

No. I'm questioning your judgement because you seem to be naive to the extreme in not believing that money is a major motivating factor for Ba to leave. And when I say "leave", the size of the club he's leaving for is not the issue here. We all know that talks of Ba leaving started surfacing nearly a year ago now and therefore I don't accept that Ba, 6 months into his first NUFC season, suddenly decided that he wanted to better himself. Especially after we know that he was desperate to come here in the first place.

Anyway, I'm wondering why Shay Given is still receiving abuse and insults on here? (Don't agree with it, btw) He left us in similar circumstances to this one and signed for an equally ambitious club.

Demba has never refused to play for us has he ? There is the difference.

Of course money's got a lot to do with it. It does for us as well, that's why we pay much less than other clubs in the top 6. I'm sure we could have got Ba to sign a new contract if we'd doubled his wages like Chelsea probably will.