Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

“If he enjoys his time at the club as much as I enjoyed my two-and-a-half years then he hasn’t gone too far wrong in my opinion.

“If things had have been different he’s the type of player that I would love to have played alongside in a black-and-white shirt.”

We all hate you. Never mention us again.

errrr...nah.

I think people's biggest problem with Beye is this:

"I have played for Newcastle for two years, and I love this club."

"I'm in, and I'm under contract. That's it – I'm a Newcastle player."

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting.

"This cannot go on it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

I think people's biggest problem with Beye is this:

"I have played for Newcastle for two years, and I love this club."

"I'm in, and I'm under contract. That's it – I'm a Newcastle player."

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting.

"This cannot go on it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

Don't know why that's a problem, we were relegated, Shearer wasn't given the job. It was inevitable the best players would leave assuming there were buyers.

And? Why say what he did in May?

because he believed that Shearer would be giving the job? He only became disillusioned when things were going way too slow.

Or because he didn't have the balls to be honest straight away.

The attitude of some to our ex-players, purely because they are ex-players, is astounding.

Beye was a class RB for us and still speaks well of the club to others, end of.

There's been a definite change over the last few years in the attitude to ex-players. Everyone's a cunt.

Maybe it's because we became used to the only players leaving were those who were no longer deemed good enough whereas now good players are more likely to want away and we're more likely to want to sell them.

Football fans demand loyalty but rarely return the favour.

Lik

because he believed that Shearer would be giving the job? He only became disillusioned when things were going way too slow.

Like Duff and Bassong, he had a decent offer from a Premiership club and wanted to go. 90% of players would make the same decision in that situation.

Duff is an entirely different kettle of fish. He rarely had a good game for us, was never anywhere near "cult hero" status, and seemingly gained a massive chip on his shoulder when he left. As dislplayed in his performance against us last year.

And another thing, if duffer had ran his knackers off and played for us, the way he did against us then maybe we'd have stayed up.

f***ing hated Duff. Useless tosspot.

That fucking goal celebration man seriously. He had nothing to feel aggrieved about. He should be on his hands and knees begging us for forgiveness for his time here.

Beye is still the best RB I have seen at this club.

Which says more about the standard of right backs we've had rather than how good Beye was.

True, but Beye was fucking mint.

He was a decent defender that lost all sense of composure when he got over the half way line, I'd hardly say he was mint.

You make him sound like he was on a similar level to Williamson :lol:

He was better than that, a similar level to Abdoulaye Faye is more like it.

Now Enrique and Coloccini, they are mint defenders.

Lik

Like Duff and Bassong, he had a decent offer from a Premiership club and wanted to go. 90% of players would make the same decision in that situation.

Exactly.

People talk about the loyalty the players showed to us when we went down but how many of them would have stayed if they had the chance of a move to a Premiership team on similar wages in front of them?

Guest CheickMansour

I know we only got him for a 'bargain' £5m, but for me he was genuinely one of the most disappointing signings of the last decade in terms of expectations vs reality. So, so bad.

I know we only got him for a 'bargain' £5m, but for me he was genuinely one of the most disappointing signings of the last decade in terms of expectations vs reality. So, so bad.

:sadnod:

Lik

Exactly.

People talk about the loyalty the players showed to us when we went down but how many of them would have stayed if they had the chance of a move to a Premiership team on similar wages in front of them?

I can't help but think that its a tad naive to assume the players just sat twiddling their thumbs hoping a club would make an offer for them. Agents are there to sound out interest and I find it hard to believe that someone with CL experience would have no suitors whatsoever. Same goes for a highly rated Spanish U21 left back. If there was interest in any player we'd of heard of it, no question. The fact we didn't suggest that perhaps they were loyal, to an extent at least.

Lik

Exactly.

I can't help but think that its a tad naive to assume the players just sat twiddling their thumbs hoping a club would make an offer for them. Agents are there to sound out interest and I find it hard to believe that someone with CL experience would have no suitors whatsoever. Same goes for a highly rated Spanish U21 left back. If there was interest in any player we'd of heard of it, no question. The fact we didn't suggest that perhaps they were loyal, to an extent at least.

So you presume people were interested but the reason we didn't hear about it is because they shot the interest down before it got to the club or papers?

One thing you can't fault Duff for in our relegation season was effort, and was probably one of our better players. Was thrown in every position too, left-back, left-wing, right-wing, up-front...

Pity Duff didn't make more of an effort when he put the ball in his own net against Villa.

Lik

Exactly.

So you presume people were interested but the reason we didn't hear about it is because they shot the interest down before it got to the club or papers?

Or perhaps that the players didn't seek out a move like they easily could have done?!

One thing you can't fault Duff for in our relegation season was effort, and was probably one of our better players. Was thrown in every position too, left-back, left-wing, right-wing, up-front...

Pity Duff didn't make more of an effort when he put the ball in his own net against Villa.

:lol: yeah, that happened because he wasn't trying.