Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest johnson293

The medical is done by neutrals for insurance purposes.

Either we happily pay the high premiums, or we take steps to mitigate the cost when injured.

^ I did think this may be a reason for the Ba deal hold up.

While he may have passed the medical, it may have thrown up potential long term issues, and insurance for the player may have been causing the hold-up.

He's an interesting player. He's much more of an orthodox left-winger than Gutierrez (being left-footed helps) and concentrates on attacking the right-back and putting a cross in.

I follow French football, and he generally has a good reputation - but is known for being injury prone. How many games has Gutierrez missed in the last two seasons? Big risk if he is Jonas' replacement.

Another player I'll readily admit I know nothing of, but exciting news in principle. :thup:

Injury record is very concerning though, this seems like a classic Ashley gamble. Let's hope it pays off.

His injury record isn't too bad to be fair, he fucked his hammy then played a full season. Had a niggly season last year with a groin problem. But he's far from a Dyer or a Woodgate.

His injury record isn't too bad to be fair, he f***ed his hammy then played a full season. Had a niggly season last year with a groin problem. But he's far from a Dyer or a Woodgate.

Aye, he's played 25+ games in 3 of his 5 top flight seasons, so not terrible. We'll have Jonas and Ferguson to cover, both who are more than capable plus any extras we bring in.

Guest elbee909

It's one of those ones where if he signed for Liverpool, he'd be mercurial.  But as he's signed for NUFC he's a mercenary crock etc.

Guest Mantis

He's an interesting player. He's much more of an orthodox left-winger than Gutierrez (being left-footed helps) and concentrates on attacking the right-back and putting a cross in.

I follow French football, and he generally has a good reputation - but is known for being injury prone. How many games has Gutierrez missed in the last two seasons? Big risk if he is Jonas' replacement.

That was my thought when I heard he was LM.  But we'll see.  I  expect Jonas to have another 12 months, especially on right if Fat Mike gets his  wish with Joey

Jesus wept, had given up on this one ages ago when he seemed destined for Liverpool. Has a very big reputation in France. Nice to see the tradition of left-footed French wingers continuing. If he's anywhere near the level of the other three I'll be delighted.

Random but adds to squad depth so happy days, never seen him play but I understand he is/was quite pacy which is something we lack.  

Hopefully this won't spell the end of Jonas but offer him some much needed competition. Might also offer us the chance to send Ferguson out on loan and get him some proper first team football which can only be a good thing.

"I do not want to go into details, but I did not sign for Liverpool because there was a contractual disagreement between the parties Thursday night," he confirmed to L'Equipe.

Failed a medical eh?  Twitter man......

Did a "wat" when I opened the BBC Sports news page and seen this transfer.

Happy with it, but hope we are still planning to get more people in. Wonder if we do make a few more signings if Enrique will consider staying.

Guest johnson293

And the Newcastle tradition of signing LFC rejects continues :D Cheers lads. 5 year deal for an average crock? Fat Ashley should be hung drawn and quaterd

Love Scousers me, naturally witty you know...

...and they aren't bitter in the slightest!  :rolleyes:

:lol:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Is he actually a left winger? Read on a couple of articles that he cuts inside a lot, so he could be put on the right and used in a way similar to Gutierrez. Granted I haven't seen him play and I'm just going off what I've read on him.

Liverpool fans are starting to move on to the ridiculous "maybe it means we are getting Enrique" argument.

Why would it mean that? :lol:

I'd imagine they think that they let us have this lad so we have to give them jose.

Well fuck you dippers.