Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Sorry i'll try and change the record. It's clearly something thats occupying my head too much!  :undecided:

It just hard talking about some of the shite some of you toss pots talk about. But i'll give it a go:

So.... erm  did any one see Downton Abbey the other night?  :razz:

???

:lol: Sorry i'll try and change the record. It's clearly something thats occupying my head too much!  :undecided:

It just hard talking about some of the shite some of you toss pots talk about. But i'll give it a go:

So.... erm  did any one see Downton Abbey the other night?  :razz:

???

:lol:

Had to just check his previous posts. That's got to be a record, like. 19 formations in 25 posts.

What I love about Marveaux is he's come in and continued to make all the right noises. When he's played in the cups or reserves he's done well and he's pushing hard for a first team spot. I'm really looking forward to him getting his chance, we've had so many players sign in the past who for one reason or another haven't succeeded here but he really strikes me as a hard-working player who's desperate to impress.

Simply has to start against Spurs in place of Obertan. For me, Marv has shown he is more composed and intelligent on the ball than Obertan which is going to be vital against a good side such as Spurs.

Simply has to start against Spurs in place of Obertan. For me, Marv has shown he is more composed and intelligent on the ball than Obertan which is going to be vital against a good side such as Spurs.

Against Spurs, I'd start Obertan.

I think Marveaux could be devastating against a tired Assou-Ekotto.

Yeah I agree, Obertan for me would offer far more from the bench against tired legs as opposed to starting. I know the same can be said with Marv, however I feel Marveaux should be starting a game like this, if only for the fact that he's a bit of an unknown quantity at present. With Obertan you know what you're getting; a lot of pace and not great decision making. Marveaux could give us that extra edge we need, especially in the first 60-70 minutes.

Guest Roger Kint

Nar that's kinda obvious, the reason I call him Tan though, is incredibly gay and also has something to do with the pronunciation.

Trevor Francis

On a massively positive note, how good is it that we are struggling to fit players like Marveaux and Ben Arfa in the side? Santon is a no brainer but these two.not so much, especially HBA who would really have to come in at the expense of one of our forwards who have fantastic premiership goalscoring records and have been playing good football when not scoring.

:aww:

Marveaux has to start. We just can't afford Obertan to be a passenger, especially against (admittedly over-rated, but still alright) Bale.

Bale doesn't often play left back these days. more likely to be Assou-Ekotto.

Newcastle ace Sylvain Marveaux insists he is happy to bide his time as he waits to make his full league debut for the club.

The French winger signed for the club in the summer, but due to The Magpies' excellent start to the new season he has not been able to force his way into Alan Pardew's team.

But Marveaux insists he is happy to see the team riding high in fourth in the Premier League and is biding his time.

"At the moment, it isn't easy to get into the team because they are unbeaten. We're all working hard and trying to show the manager what we can do," said the 25-year-old.

Waiting game

"I'm ready, and I'll wait for my chance. The team is fourth in the table - that's great.

"We have a good group here, and we know we have to keep going like this.

"I think we can do some great things this season. Everything's okay and I'm happy to be here at Newcastle.

"It's very good for us - we're in a healthy situation.

"We're winning football matches, and the guys on the wings are performing well when they're asked to perform. Sometimes it is difficult to change a winning side."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7226361,00.html

Marveaux has to start. We just can't afford Obertan to be a passenger, especially against (admittedly over-rated, but still alright) Bale.

Bale doesn't often play left back these days. more likely to be Assou-Ekotto.

I was thinking more if we needed the wingers to track back and help out the full backs in the way Jonas does.